Baxter

www.baxter.com

Great career development and culture

IT Intern (Former Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

ProsI worked at Baxter for 12 weeks as an IT intern, it was a great experience. I met over 30 upper management employees for one on one coffee chats, no one at this company will deny another person 30 minutes of their time. The overall culture is down to earth people who enjoy helping others. The CIO knew all the IT interns by name at the end of the internship. I also received above average compensation and most interns receive full time offers.

ConsThe IT intern program is only in its 2nd year so there is little formal training and managers do not know how much work interns can handle so the first few weeks are very slow. The IT culture is also dominated by a huge age gap where most employees are over 40.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, just bring in younger talent and do not be afraid to hire entry level analysts from the outside.

While supporting a 24/7 manufacturing operation I gained a more ii depth practical understanding of how Tqm, six sigma

Manager III (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: In la, stall works together and mgmt not afraid to… Cons: Lived two hours away. Affordable housing was no where to… Advice to Senior Management: Let 6 sig be priority for a while. Invest in your future. Let some batches go out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Many Disfunctional Areas

Vice President (Former Employee) Deerfield, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Fairly good reputation. Some very good products and mediocre pipeline.… Cons: HR (Bioscience) is lacking professionalism and respect. Poorly functioning teams… Advice to Senior Management: Need to resist promoting people who are unable to lead. Unfortunately I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baxter.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!