There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Great career development and culture

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Vernon Hills, IL
Former Employee - IT Intern in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Baxter as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Baxter for 12 weeks as an IT intern, it was a great experience. I met over 30 upper management employees for one on one coffee chats, no one at this company will deny another person 30 minutes of their time. The overall culture is down to earth people who enjoy helping others. The CIO knew all the IT interns by name at the end of the internship. I also received above average compensation and most interns receive full time offers.

Cons

The IT intern program is only in its 2nd year so there is little formal training and managers do not know how much work interns can handle so the first few weeks are very slow. The IT culture is also dominated by a huge age gap where most employees are over 40.

Keep doing what you are doing, just bring in younger talent and do not be afraid to hire entry level analysts from the outside.

430 Other Employee Reviews for Baxter (View Most Recent)

While supporting a 24/7 manufacturing operation I gained a more ii depth practical understanding of how Tqm, six sigma

Former Employee - Manager III  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager III in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In la, stall works together and mgmt not afraid to get their hands duty

Cons

Lived two hours away. Affordable housing was no where to be found

Let 6 sig be priority for a while. Invest in your future. Let some batches go out late if need be. Once the tools are second nature you will cut cycle times significantly anyway

It was great time working for Baxter.

Former Employee - Senior Technician  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities to advance in your professional career and to grow as a person and employee. Great compensation and benefits.

Cons

Insufficient and sometimes late efforts by management to restructure the operational processes in order to improve the quality of customer service and products which as a result led to product recalls from the market and closing the business.

Be more open to original and unusual ideas from working at a lower level employees. To avoid methods of "trial and error" in creating projects leading to their frequent change.

There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!