Baxter

www.baxter.com

Dumb and Lazy people only here to collect a paycheck - very sad

Engineer (Former Employee) Round Lake, IL

ProsEveryone is out of the office at 5, even if critical work still needs to get done.

ConsPay is below wages at Baxters competitors. Baxters 401k saving plan is a joke, there's no way anybody can retire on Baxters 401k alone, you'll need to save a lot of your own money.

The few people/contributors who actually care about the company's bottom line are not rewarded for their hard work. Management prefers to promote/hire from the outside instead of allowing internal candidates opportunities to move up. If you want more pay, make a lateral move and take a job at one of Baxters competitors for a 10% pay raise, stay there for six months and then move back to Baxter for a higher job title. Rinse and repeat and you'll make it to senior management in no time.

Very little advancement opportunities for individuals early in their career. Too much BS about making excuses why things can't get done instead of just putting in a little effort to get the job done. Too many people here to collect a paycheck makes it very difficult to make a difference.

Engineering department is terrible. They don't do real engineering work here, just run a bunch of time consuming studies to state what we already know and provide no solution to problems and try to justify why it is no longer necessary to fix what was previously an unacceptable engineering design. Most of the R&D work has already been outsourced to India, more to come. Most engineering design projects are contracted out to 3rd parties since the engineering department and management are terrible at making things.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about your next career move, it is obvious this is a stepping stone for you... This company would be much better if there were more in it for the long haul... To change the company's culture you need to show/reward employees that they are valued for the long haul.

Stop the annual layoffs around Xmas time, they scare all employees. Don't lay people off because you have a quota that needs to be met. Lay people off for bad performance, not because you decided to hire too many people (you make this same mistake every year).

Lack of Direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Competitive pay at first Good benefits Cons: Senior management out of touch Raises few and far between Large amounts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My many years at Baxter

Collection Specialist (Former Employee) Deerfield, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits, Was able to work independently. Cons: Salary not competitive with market. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to internal and external customers More

There are newer reviews on Baxter.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!