Baxter

Excellent opportunities for personal & professional growth at Baxter

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

The best reason to work for Baxter is that their products are made to directly improve or save people's life. In the finance world, there is an emphasis on learning different roles throughout the organization by way of rotating to a different business or country that you desire.

Cons

As with many large companies there is always a political game. You must network and build relationships successfully to improve your ability to grow.

Overall, continue what you have been doing since the last regime change.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Baxter (View Most Recent)

Management needs to be more in touch with the people doing the work!

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

Its a large company with few layoffs. Benefits are good and retirement benefits are in place. I believe in the company itself and in its reasons for existence. Baxter has done plenty of good among its customers and clearly, its customers come first above all else. For that alone, I commend them.

Cons

In my area of this company its all who you know and who likes you - very little is done on merif. People wo are competent in their positions tend to be kept in those positions with no possibility of advancement in spite of their merit or their ability to take on more responsible tasks and advance to more responsible positions.

Get real! You can't run a company forever on people you like while allowing competent people to languish in a stagnant atmosphere.

Eye-opening

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

Fast pace. Great for people who dont like to be bored. Career advancement is great. My current boss is great.

Cons

Life and work balance (no balance is more accurate description).

Current budget control doesnt allow for any type of praise, career advancement or movement or appreciation for people who work hard for the company. Although these people may not necessarily seek for it, it's always nice to receive recognition for expanding their responsibilities without getting the cash first.

There are newer employer reviews for Baxter