Bay Area News Group
info.bayareanewsgroup.com San Jose, CA 500 to 999 Employees

A sinking ship

Walnut Creek, CA

ProsSome supervisors are good, hours are reasonable, there are some smart, hardworking people, most people have at least one weekend day off

ConsFurloughs, freeze on vacation accrual -- it's not a company with a lot of resources or ways to reward employees. Computer systems are horrible. Upper management provides no direction or recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees what's happening and how you're working to improve our position -- then actually do it. Find a way to reward your best employees.

I enjoyed my job very much.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bay Area News Group

Pros: It was a great job for a long time. I was busy everyday… Cons: Morale is often low due to continuous staff cuts. Advice to Senior Management: Stop cutting the staff. Build the newspaper up instead… More

The ends justifies the means, top down management.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bay Area News Group

Pros: They are attempting to catch up with media technology using… Cons: Managers now are utilizing intimidation on employees including screaming at them in the office floor in front of other employees. It is also not… Advice to Senior Management: Good luck! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bay Area News Group.

Worked for Bay Area News Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bay Area News Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bay Area News Group CEO Sharon Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by Bay Area News Group employees.