BayCare Health System
www.baycare.org Clearwater, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very good place to work

Nurse (Current Employee)
Safety Harbor, FL

ProsLots of training! They really emphasize education and pay for it. My managers were very competent and professional.

ConsI worked on a very busy floor, and sometimes none of my patients are able to be independent even with basic needs. Almost every shift I have a 'primary' patient that I do all the vital signs, accuchecks if needed, bathe, change bed linens, and chart I&O, everything a tech would usually do for the patient/RN. This is ok if the shift is going fine and the patient is somewhat independent. But occasionally the patient load is really heavy and its that extra little bit that can cause an otherwise busy day to go spiraling out of control.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealthcare is a competitive business, but one more tech per shift on a busy floor can be the difference between retaining good staff and hiring a revolving door of new grad RNs and techs with no experience in a hospital.

great co-workers make the lower pay bearable

Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros: flexible work schedule, great co-workers, great manager, opportunities for advancement,… Cons: pay behind industry standard, poor staff coverage at times making work… Advice to Senior Management: adjust the pay scale to industry standard, provise adequate staffing during… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They treat pool nurse like "Slaves", floating constantly and between hospital location

Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros: Hospital accessibility-able to work near your community Cons: Patients seem more important than the staff No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BayCare Health System.

Worked for BayCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BayCare Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BayCare Health System CEO Stephen R. Mason. All reviews posted anonymously by BayCare Health System employees.