There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Safety Harbor, FL
Current Employee - Nurse in Safety Harbor, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Lots of training! They really emphasize education and pay for it. My managers were very competent and professional.

Cons

I worked on a very busy floor, and sometimes none of my patients are able to be independent even with basic needs. Almost every shift I have a 'primary' patient that I do all the vital signs, accuchecks if needed, bathe, change bed linens, and chart I&O, everything a tech would usually do for the patient/RN. This is ok if the shift is going fine and the patient is somewhat independent. But occasionally the patient load is really heavy and its that extra little bit that can cause an otherwise busy day to go spiraling out of control.

Healthcare is a competitive business, but one more tech per shift on a busy floor can be the difference between retaining good staff and hiring a revolving door of new grad RNs and techs with no experience in a hospital.

63 Other Employee Reviews for BayCare Health System (View Most Recent)

great co-workers make the lower pay bearable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

flexible work schedule, great co-workers, great manager, opportunities for advancement, decent cafeteria, a lot of different work environments to try

Cons

pay behind industry standard, poor staff coverage at times making work environment stressful at times, can be poor communication among other depts.

adjust the pay scale to industry standard, provise adequate staffing during busy times. allow for better communication among departments for better harmony

They treat pool nurse like "Slaves", floating constantly and between hospital location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Hospital accessibility-able to work near your community

Cons

Patients seem more important than the staff

There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System

Worked for BayCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!