BayCare Health System

BayCare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Overall has the right focus and is doing innovative things. The committment to training is a strong.

Cons

The environment in the IS shop is very poor. Teamwork is nonexistent and fear is the way of life. There used to be respect and an environment that valued the work and developed the employees and served the patients. That is gone.

Listen to the feedback

68 Other Employee Reviews for BayCare Health System (View Most Recent)

Good place to work but no opportunities to advance.It is not what you know but who you know.

Former Employee - Finance in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Finance in Clearwater, FL

I worked at BayCare Health System

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits. Latest technology -- computer equipment and software are current. Good work areas. Well managed departments with fantastic management.

Cons

You will not move up within the organization on what you know. If you want a promotion. Promotions are on who you know.

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Nurse in Safety Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Nurse in Safety Harbor, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Lots of training! They really emphasize education and pay for it. My managers were very competent and professional.

Cons

I worked on a very busy floor, and sometimes none of my patients are able to be independent even with basic needs. Almost every shift I have a 'primary' patient that I do all the vital signs, accuchecks if needed, bathe, change bed linens, and chart I&O, everything a tech would usually do for the patient/RN. This is ok if the shift is going fine and the patient is somewhat independent. But occasionally the patient load is really heavy and its that extra little bit that can cause an otherwise busy day to go spiraling out of control.

Healthcare is a competitive business, but one more tech per shift on a busy floor can be the difference between retaining good staff and hiring a revolving door of new grad RNs and techs with no experience in a hospital.

There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System