BayCare Health System

www.baycare.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System

My experience at BayCare has been very positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to get the resources I need to do my job

Cons

No more than in any other larger organization

Continue your move toward integrating work groups across the organization

88 Other Employee Reviews for BayCare Health System (View Most Recent)

Think before applying

I worked at BayCare Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work alongside some very dedicated, talented people. They made coming to work bearable for me. The health benefits are good; low co-pays, tuition reimbursement, and 401K. Vacation, holidays, and sick time comes out of one bank, and accumulating time can be difficult if you are starting out. I had to take some days without pay when I first started as the holidays took my only accumulated PTO day(s).

Cons

During my time with the organization, I saw many people come and go. BayCare has a tendency to keep and promote the employees with a lackluster work effort who exert little to no effort in the job. The hard working employees were the ones to leave instead. This organization is governed by fear. Fear of impending re-organizations and reporting structures. Fear of innovation and forward thinking. Leadership is afraid of making decisions and being accountable for their actions. Employees are afraid to speak up during team meetings and voice their opinion for fear of being chastised and belittled by management and leadership. I have witnessed this behavior on several occasions. The BayCare “values” that they preach have little effect on the organization, since leadership and management does not regularly practice these beliefs. Moving up in the organization can be difficult if you don’t know the right people. For upper level positions such as directors and above, they usually hire external candidates instead of their own people. Towards the end of my time at BayCare, I witnessed many unhappy employees and I too became one of them. I wanted a job with a company that respected my opinions, one that would allow me to actually do my job instead of being micromanaged on a daily basis, and one that I wouldn’t feel physically sick to come into every day. My happiest day was my last day at the organization.

Unfortunately, not much advice can be given to senior management as most of leadership is set in their ways and fears change. The only way for this organization to truly change is for those in the “good ol’ boys club” to step down as leaders and bring in a new wave of forward thinking people.

Great Networking

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Tampa, FL
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern they treat you like your part of the team, very friendly environment.

Cons

Staff is much older, not many entry level opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System