BayCare Health System

www.baycare.org
  www.baycare.org
There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System

My experience at BayCare has been very positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to get the resources I need to do my job

Cons

No more than in any other larger organization

Continue your move toward integrating work groups across the organization

67 Other Employee Reviews for BayCare Health System (View Most Recent)

Great Networking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern they treat you like your part of the team, very friendly environment.

Cons

Staff is much older, not many entry level opportunities

Toxic work environment in the Finance Dept.

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time

Pros

Stable company, job security, low stress, work/life balance

Cons

No career advancement, miserable work environment, no bonus potential

Working in the SSC Finance dept. at BayCare has been a miserable experience. I have never been more dissatisfied to come in to work every day than I am at this job. Bottom line, unless you're at a point in your career where you want to park somewhere with no chance to advance or be challenged to improve yourself, do not work here.

No matter how well you perform, there is no opportunity for promotion. You will never be promoted unless you apply for another position and happen to get it. There is no culture for advancement, recognition, or promotion.

There is no bonus potential. Nominal "team awards" of a few hundred dollars are distributed once a year to all employees. The amounts are based on goals that you have no control over, and despite your individual performance for the year, you will receive the same "team award" as the guy who mops the floors at the hospital, or the incompetent analyst sitting next to you. I've never seen a more broken compensation model in my life.

It is impossible to get anything done. Even great ideas take 8-12 months to implement since multiple layers of red tape need to be navigated, with no value added along the way. There is no sense of urgency to accomplish anything in this company.

The typical employee is incompetent, difficult to work with, and should have been fired long ago. The level of incompetence in the finance dept. is astounding. Incompetent employees are not only coddled, but seemingly encouraged to remain incompetent.

Aside from a few strong managers, the management in the finance dept. is a disgrace. You will not be coached by your manager, challenged to improve, or given opportunities to expand your skill set.

As a result of all of the above, good employees either leave or are powerless to effect change. Incompetent, miserable employees are given free reign to infect the rest of the department, and the cycle continues.

There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System