BayCare Health System

www.baycare.org
There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System

It is all about who you know not what you know

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great core values and good benefits.

Cons

It is very difficult to move up, it is about who you know what what you know. Upper management needs to realize that supervisors play favorites and use this for annual increases. If a senior employee or manager forms an opinion of you it sticks with you for your entire career.

Realize that lower level supervisors and managers play favorites and bully other employees,

79 Other Employee Reviews for BayCare Health System (View Most Recent)

Rapid Growth, shaky foundation

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Focusing more on Team Member's needs and desire to grow within company, but still a long way to go in establishing an actual process for making this happen.
    A lot of educational opportunities and financial assistance to further you education.

Cons

Mediocre Pay, Hard to move depts unless you know someone, morale due to extreme changes in integration.

Organize!! Explansion is great but do more to lay a firm work culture for the team you have in place.

Worst I.T. Management in the Business

Current Employee - Pharmacy
    Current Employee - Pharmacy

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time

Pros

Nice parking garage. Bay area is nice. Well maintained lawns. Hospital staff is very nice.

Cons

The I.T. department has gone downhill over the last 5 years. Had some very smart programmers there. BayCare moved toward EMR, but never figured out you need good programmers who were creative. They started micro managing them, and a few left and found better environments in other hospital systems. Management, starting canning the few good ones that were left. The fired ones found better positions at other hospital systems. The final straw was they took two managers that probably couldn't manage a neat market, and promoted them to a Director position. Thankfully, I left I.T. and went to another position.

Wake up. Practice your 5 values.

There are newer employer reviews for BayCare Health System