There are newer employer reviews for Bayard Advertising

Great place to work. Exciting projects and lots of client interaction.

Pros

Work with many talented, intelligent people.

Cons

Sometimes not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Other Employee Reviews for Bayard Advertising

1. A sane, supportive place to get your sea legs in advertising

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bayard Advertising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came aboard as a temp this past summer, helping with accounts while the company searched for a permanent hire for the position (and while I looked for a full-time job in my own field, which isn't advertising). In the couple months I worked here, I gained new skill sets (as a writer and editor, I never thought that budget work could actually be interesting) and grew professionally in ways I hadn't expected. My supervisor was patient, encouraging and enormously flexible with my schedule, which is a rare and precious combination in the working world. Also, people in the New York and Denver offices were very welcoming over phone and email. Would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Cons

I was only here for a couple months, but my experience was overwhelmingly positive. This isn't the career field that I chose, so I wasn't aiming to come onboard full-time from the outset. But I imagine if you do want to get your sea legs in advertising, this would be an amazing and supportive place to do it.

Bayard Advertising Response

Aug 17, 2015 – director of interactive

Thanks so much for your feedback!

This Place is a Nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bayard Advertising (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with. Though they'll get fired within the first month, or three months if they're lucky. So best to not get too attached.

Cons

The reviews on here don't lie. Why would THIS MANY PEOPLE write a review, in detail, outlining the same TERRIBLE managerial problems, if they weren't experiencing an awful day-to-day work life? Let's be honest here: Bayard is not a place you want to be. You will spend your days researching and creating compelling advertisements for other company's great career opportunities, benefits, and culture, and it'll sure make you want to work somewhere else. You'll realize how good others have it, and how little Bayard has to offer it's employees. You're not going to get a raise. You're not going to be happy 20 days out of the month. Processes will always change and you'll never feel safe. Don't stress out too much though. There's so many better opportunities out there, ones that value their employees, reward them for doing great work, encourage and guide rather than punish and fire. If you are new to the field and looking to get a fresh start or are just desperately looking for a job: though a job offer from Bayard may be tempting, it's not worth it. It's not. Just please know that these reviews are trying to help future (or even current) employees from making the same mistakes that former employees had to suffer through. If you choose to work at Bayard – good luck, seriously. You're going to need it.

Advice to Management

It's simple: There are companies who don't even use this website because they don't have to – they treat their employees with respect and therefore the company is respected right back. The good reviews on here are fake, written by Bayard "favorites" and management to try to give a balance to the MANY AWFUL & TRUE reviews. Do I have to repeat this like the others? It's a fact. Bayard needs to get it's unprofessional act together and grow up.