Baycrest Hospital

www.baycrest.org

A good place to start, and that's about it.

Research Assistant I (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBaycrest has a very flexible work environment - come in any time and leave after your 8 hours are done. No micro-management at the lab, but depends on which lab you are in. The IT department is ridiculously awesome, but you won't find that awesomeness everywhere. The Friday tea times were very fun and a good way to keep the staff informed about informal events going on at the research centre.

ConsThe clientele can be exceptionally demanding, especially if you are running clinical studies. It is also hard to get time with a good statistician. Sometimes you just get treated like a live statistics machine and psychometrist, with no input into data interpretation or the write-up. Can get frustrating for those who like to be in control of work from start to finish. Also, no benefits because they keep all research assistants on contract, and they get btchy about approving vacation time (for no apparent reason).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look at research assistants as merely number crunchers. We didn't write undergraduate theses without knowing a thing or two about analytics, as well.

Manager - Foundation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Baycrest Hospital full-time

Pros: Strong core staff Beautiful offices Strong researchers Cons: Terrible Senior Leadership Lack of communication Terrible culture of blame No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

R N

I have been working at Baycrest Hospital

Pros: Very nice working environment. Most of the staffs are dedicated to their jobs… Cons: The managers hire based on who they know and same cultural background.… Advice to Senior Management: Let there be equality when hiring. It is nice to… More
There are newer reviews on Baycrest Hospital.

Worked for Baycrest Hospital? Contribute to the Community!