There are newer employer reviews for Baycrest Hospital

A good place to start, and that's about it.

Former Employee - Research Assistant I in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Research Assistant I in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Baycrest Hospital

Pros

Baycrest has a very flexible work environment - come in any time and leave after your 8 hours are done. No micro-management at the lab, but depends on which lab you are in. The IT department is ridiculously awesome, but you won't find that awesomeness everywhere. The Friday tea times were very fun and a good way to keep the staff informed about informal events going on at the research centre.

Cons

The clientele can be exceptionally demanding, especially if you are running clinical studies. It is also hard to get time with a good statistician. Sometimes you just get treated like a live statistics machine and psychometrist, with no input into data interpretation or the write-up. Can get frustrating for those who like to be in control of work from start to finish. Also, no benefits because they keep all research assistants on contract, and they get btchy about approving vacation time (for no apparent reason).

Don't look at research assistants as merely number crunchers. We didn't write undergraduate theses without knowing a thing or two about analytics, as well.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Baycrest Hospital (View Most Recent)

Manager - Foundation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Baycrest Hospital full-time

Pros

Strong core staff
    Beautiful offices
    Strong researchers

Cons

Terrible Senior Leadership
    Lack of communication
    Terrible culture of blame

I wish I had listened to other reviews here and ran the other way...

I have been working at Baycrest Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The vision, mission and values of the hospital are in the right place.

Cons

Team members who do not want to share information and teach basically sets new employees up for failure. Management simply turns the other eye to the toxic environment this creates. Agree with previous review- terrible culture of blame and lack of communication.

Management needs to pay closer attention to office culture. Personal growth and team success is limited by the lack of direction management provides to their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Baycrest Hospital