There are newer employer reviews for Bayer AG

Working at Bayer Inc. (Canada)

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bayer AG

Pros

The employee's benefits are very good, you don't pay for your medications at all (100% coverage).

Cons

You need to be friend and liked by the "right" person to be promoted.
The promotion process is not objective.
Not enough minority diversity, Bayer has a lot of work to do at that level.
Plus the more you look up into the senior mangement the less you see people of "color".

Please offer more opportunities to people from DIFERENT BACKGROUND, they can handle tough jobs too.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Bayer AG (View Most Recent)

Just get in if you have no other place to go, If there is another choise, move on.

Former Employee - IT Coordinator  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - IT Coordinator in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Bayer AG

Pros

For sure the worst place I have worked for in my entire professional life.
    I can say they are a giant company in this alone can represent a good reason to work for Bayer, but I just recommend it if you have a plan to improve your resume in a multinational company with a straight date to begin and end. From my experience they do not commit the minimum requirements of a healthy place to work, there is no respect for differences, there is no EOE policies, do not expect to find equal opportunities with your same level partners and so on.

Cons

I must repeat some listed below: they do not commit the minimum requirements of a healthy place to work, there is no respect for differences, there is no EOE policies, do not expect to find equal opportunities with your same level partners, lack of management skills, lack of communication, RH policies are not clear and transparent to all employees,

They need to learn. They need to share opinion, to be transparent, to be comunicative and so on.

Great place to learn about the industry

Current Employee - Intern  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Bayer AG

Pros

The internship program at the Baytown site is well-organized and geared towards educating the students. Supervisors will introduce interns to varied aspects of a chemical process through small projects covering basic unit ops - as is expected - and offer the expertise of senior engineers when the assignments turn hard. Activities, like dinners out and Astros games, are a nice reprieve from the drab Baytown surroundings as well as a chance to meet interns working in other units. The city of Baytown is a typical run-down oil town, and while there isn't much to do except suffer in the summer heat, it is inexpensive.

Cons

It's hard to stay busy at work for a number of reasons: managers are afraid of giving too much responsibility or assignments that may not have been covered in school, they're hesitant to bring 3-month hires up to speed on ongoing projects, and they don't want to thrust us in existing groups for fear that, if we don't work out, they'll be responsible. I haven't interned in other facilities, so it's unknown whether the Baytown plant is unique in this regard. At the end of summer, there's a mandatory presentation summarizing our contributions to the company. These two downsides do not go well together.

I haven't met senior management and I haven't worked here long enough to form an opinion.

There are newer employer reviews for Bayer AG

Worked for Bayer AG? Contribute to the Community!