There are newer employer reviews for Bayer HealthCare

Stagnant pond that will evaporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

Can be very consistent. Some of the people are very nice, genuine, and outgoing.

Cons

Big company. Very old. Inefficient use of resources. Only one product for the entire site. No future prospects for the company in terms of manufacturing new products. Cost cutting is the only goal of management, not innovation.

Be more technically minded, hire more people who understand the science, not just bureaucrats.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Bayer HealthCare (View Most Recent)

One of the better companies I've worked for.

Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

The work/life balance is favorable at the Seattle area site. Bayer's 401k contribution is one of the best I've seen - on par with Amgens. Bayer supports alternate transportation (free bus passes and shower/locker room for cyclist) and remote access from a home office.

Bayer seems to be weathering the economic down turn better than most -- at least so far.

Cons

The health insurance is some of the most expensive I've seen anywhere. They aknowledge it and blame it on an older than average workforce.

Provide more resources to employees of acquired companies. They often get overlooked and feel like stepchildren.

Bayer is an overall good employer

Current Employee - QA/QC Specialist I
    Current Employee - QA/QC Specialist I

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

Bayer has an understanding human resource department and upper management. There is a good amount of leeway for who have to deal with personal issues such as school, family, health etc.

Cons

Over management by lower management, there are quite a few micro managers and they are not fun to work with. Bayer need to teach their managers how to be competent managers. This problem started with the acquirement of a smaller company which led to talent exodus. people in lower positions were moved up but some of them are not fully trained to be managers or have not had enough management experience.

Trust your employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for Bayer HealthCare