Bayer HealthCare

Fair

Current Employee - Senior Purification Associate in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Senior Purification Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

Fair salary and Vocation time

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Not fair among rating employees

158 Other Employee Reviews for Bayer HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Change Isn't Always Good

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

1. The employees! Without a doubt the employees support each other and are extremely cooperative on cross-functional projects.
    2. The Employee Store which offers bargains on Bayer products.

Cons

1. Over the past few months new upper management has been installed in the Quality unit. This new management team came in to "clean-house" and consequently the fallout has resulted in some of our co-workers losing their jobs. Some of these employees held key positions which left holes in the organization. The result? Those of us that are left have been given the additional work being added to an already overworked organization.
    2. During this house-cleaning they even went as far as demoting some of the remaining employees, explaining they were promoted sooner than they should have been. How's that for morale? These co-workers, as well as many others, are currently looking for employment elsewhere.
    3. A new "values initiative" was implemented this year (there's usually a new one every year) and for the last few years upper management promoted the initiative but didn't follow the initiatives themselves.
    4. The morale is terrible from all these changes. We are all scared we could lose our job at any time. This was evident this past month when two employees were fired because of the way they interpreted some data.

The way upper management is running the company they will never move the company to a leadership position and attain a happy workforce that is proud to work at Bayer (consider Genentech and Novo Nordisk). Many of us are looking for jobs outside of Bayer because of what's going on. This path is only going to run everyone off.

Bayer is a good company to work for, but does get caught up in typical large corporation beurocracy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

Flexible work times, life/work balance programs, Supportive of women in high positions (at least in the US) relative securtiy

Cons

A lot of red tape
    slow promotion. raise process.
    Poor communication from middle management to the masses
    Somewhat siloed

Every one needs to know what everyone else is doing

There are newer employer reviews for Bayer HealthCare