Bayer HealthCare

www.bayerhealthcare.com
  www.bayerhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bayer HealthCare

Employees are not assets, they are physical and financial liabilities. Plain and Simple.

Former Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Shawnee, KS
Former Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

A subsidized cafeteria.
Experience in a cGMP/cGLP laboratory.
Christmas Party, if you got invited.

Cons

Complete focus on profit.
Managerial decisions focused on own advancement.
Scientific work featured no advanced instrumentation (ie. MS)

Culture change needed.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Bayer HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Change Isn't Always Good

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

1. The employees! Without a doubt the employees support each other and are extremely cooperative on cross-functional projects.
    2. The Employee Store which offers bargains on Bayer products.

Cons

1. Over the past few months new upper management has been installed in the Quality unit. This new management team came in to "clean-house" and consequently the fallout has resulted in some of our co-workers losing their jobs. Some of these employees held key positions which left holes in the organization. The result? Those of us that are left have been given the additional work being added to an already overworked organization.
    2. During this house-cleaning they even went as far as demoting some of the remaining employees, explaining they were promoted sooner than they should have been. How's that for morale? These co-workers, as well as many others, are currently looking for employment elsewhere.
    3. A new "values initiative" was implemented this year (there's usually a new one every year) and for the last few years upper management promoted the initiative but didn't follow the initiatives themselves.
    4. The morale is terrible from all these changes. We are all scared we could lose our job at any time. This was evident this past month when two employees were fired because of the way they interpreted some data.

The way upper management is running the company they will never move the company to a leadership position and attain a happy workforce that is proud to work at Bayer (consider Genentech and Novo Nordisk). Many of us are looking for jobs outside of Bayer because of what's going on. This path is only going to run everyone off.

Fair

Current Employee - Senior Purification Associate in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Purification Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

Fair salary and Vocation time

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Not fair among rating employees

There are newer employer reviews for Bayer HealthCare