Bayer
www.bayerus.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Get experience and get out!

Manufacturing Operator/Technician (Current Employee)
Baytown, TX

I have been working at Bayer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAverage Pay and benefits, good coworkers.
Decent training department to get the experience needed to go to work for a better petrochemical company.

ConsBe ready to be belittled everyday you come to work. Engineers are managing the area with no management experience or true idea of what shift worker go through. Ideas or alternate ideas or not considered from a technician level. We have 5 engineers for every technician, but they continue to cut technicians and hire more engineers.
No retirement, insurance gets more costly every year, bonuses are a fraction of the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to realize that the technicians/operators pay the bills.

Chaotic and poorly run company

Concerned Employee (Current Employee)
Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Bayer full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fantastic medical benefits, specially for medicines. Cons: - If you are not German, or a Woman then there is pretty much no future in the company, unless you are a big brown-noser. -… Advice to Senior Management: - Please make up your mind, employees are always expecting the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Warehouse Employee (Former Employee)
Shawnee, KS

I worked at Bayer as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great benefits and nice people who care about employee moral Cons: Really hard to get hired. I was a temp employee. I had hear… More

There are newer reviews on Bayer.

Worked for Bayer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bayer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bayer CEO Dr. Marijn Dekkers . All reviews posted anonymously by Bayer employees.