Baylor Health Care System

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System

Just beware...

I worked at Baylor Health Care System

Pros

I was given an opportunity to move up only to a point. I was very grateful for this learning opportunity. Most people were really nice to work with.

Cons

I worked there for 16 years, and then was laid off. For the previous 9 months prior to this event, our Director had taken another position, and I took up 90% of the slack because no one else there knew my position. How did they thank me for all the long hours all those years, and especially the last 9 months? I was told I was laid off--they were "realigning" some positions. I was told HR would help me find another position there for the next 30 days, and during that time they would pay me ONLY if I signed a disclaimer basically indicating I would not sue them. To be able to get my "severance" package (which is a TOTAL joke), I signed this so I would get a total of 3 months severance pay--for 16 years of dedication and service!!!!!

Learn how to treat your employees.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Baylor Health Care System (View Most Recent)

Id probably quit if I could

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Baylor name. Partnership with nursing programs. If your full time, the benefits are not too bad. Some managers are wonderful and very flexible with school schedules.

Cons

Part time gets sky high benefit costs and no tuition reimbursement....you know how hard it is the be a FULL time employee/student and work?? The salary for nursing support staff is horrible. I took a 10% pay cut to work for Baylor because it benefits me when applying to nursing school.

Pay nursing support staff better and you will retain better employees. A senior nursing staff employee once told me that I needed to vote her employee of the month just because she helped me with an admission- she "normally would not do something like that".

It was a good run, awful the past two years.

Former Employee - IT Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, dart passes, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Poor senior management, unorganized, doesn't place patient safety first.

Listen to you middle and front line managers along with reporting staff. Quit "sweeping" important issues under the rug to make profit and "become one of the top 5".

There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System