Baylor Health Care System
www.baylorhealth.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Just beware...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Baylor Health Care System

ProsI was given an opportunity to move up only to a point. I was very grateful for this learning opportunity. Most people were really nice to work with.

ConsI worked there for 16 years, and then was laid off. For the previous 9 months prior to this event, our Director had taken another position, and I took up 90% of the slack because no one else there knew my position. How did they thank me for all the long hours all those years, and especially the last 9 months? I was told I was laid off--they were "realigning" some positions. I was told HR would help me find another position there for the next 30 days, and during that time they would pay me ONLY if I signed a disclaimer basically indicating I would not sue them. To be able to get my "severance" package (which is a TOTAL joke), I signed this so I would get a total of 3 months severance pay--for 16 years of dedication and service!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat your employees.

It was a good run, awful the past two years.

IT Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits, PTO, dart passes, tuition reimbursement. Cons: Poor senior management, unorganized, doesn't place patient safety first. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you middle and front line managers along with reporting staff. Quit "sweeping"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Watch Your Back!!!!

BIS Employee (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay, benefits, and work-life balance. Cons: BIS culture is the worst I have ever seen, manager, director, and VP level staff will do anything it takes to move up. Very political,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Baylor Health Care System.

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baylor Health Care System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baylor Health Care System CEO Joel T. Allison. All reviews posted anonymously by Baylor Health Care System employees.