Baylor Health Care System
www.baylorhealth.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Id probably quit if I could

Patient Care Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System part-time for less than a year

ProsThe Baylor name. Partnership with nursing programs. If your full time, the benefits are not too bad. Some managers are wonderful and very flexible with school schedules.

ConsPart time gets sky high benefit costs and no tuition reimbursement....you know how hard it is the be a FULL time employee/student and work?? The salary for nursing support staff is horrible. I took a 10% pay cut to work for Baylor because it benefits me when applying to nursing school.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay nursing support staff better and you will retain better employees. A senior nursing staff employee once told me that I needed to vote her employee of the month just because she helped me with an admission- she "normally would not do something like that".

Enjoyed the healthcare journey at Baylor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Baylor pride, innovative, faith-based, resources, attempt to be transparent (at… Cons: lack of timely communication to support leaders, too much control,… Advice to Senior Management: Need to walk the talk of faith based model to minimize ego driven people. Improve communication up and down… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a good run, awful the past two years.

IT Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits, PTO, dart passes, tuition reimbursement. Cons: Poor senior management, unorganized, doesn't place patient safety first. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you middle and front line managers along with reporting staff. Quit "sweeping"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Baylor Health Care System.

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baylor Health Care System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baylor Health Care System CEO Joel T. Allison. All reviews posted anonymously by Baylor Health Care System employees.