Baylor Health Care System

www.baylorhealth.com

Id probably quit if I could

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Dallas, TX

Pros

The Baylor name. Partnership with nursing programs. If your full time, the benefits are not too bad. Some managers are wonderful and very flexible with school schedules.

Cons

Part time gets sky high benefit costs and no tuition reimbursement....you know how hard it is the be a FULL time employee/student and work?? The salary for nursing support staff is horrible. I took a 10% pay cut to work for Baylor because it benefits me when applying to nursing school.

Pay nursing support staff better and you will retain better employees. A senior nursing staff employee once told me that I needed to vote her employee of the month just because she helped me with an admission- she "normally would not do something like that".

Other reviews for Baylor Health Care System

Enjoyed the healthcare journey at Baylor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Baylor pride, innovative, faith-based, resources, attempt to be transparent (at times).

Cons

lack of timely communication to support leaders, too much control, lack of partnering to accomplish goals.

Need to walk the talk of faith based model to minimize ego driven people. Improve communication up and down the organization. Have corp service lines obtain feedback from hospitals for performance ratings instead of rating with limited knowledge.

Just beware...

Pros

I was given an opportunity to move up only to a point. I was very grateful for this learning opportunity. Most people were really nice to work with.

Cons

I worked there for 16 years, and then was laid off. For the previous 9 months prior to this event, our Director had taken another position, and I took up 90% of the slack because no one else there knew my position. How did they thank me for all the long hours all those years, and especially the last 9 months? I was told I was laid off--they were "realigning" some positions. I was told HR would help me find another position there for the next 30 days, and during that time they would pay me ONLY if I signed a disclaimer basically indicating I would not sue them. To be able to get my "severance" package (which is a TOTAL joke), I signed this so I would get a total of 3 months severance pay--for 16 years of dedication and service!!!!!

Learn how to treat your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System.

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!