Baylor Health Care System

www.baylorhealth.com

Satisfied, but needs some improvement.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEmployee morale is higher at Baylor than anywhere I've ever worked. There is a definite sense of pride amongst the employees who work here. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. My particular position has minimal job stress. Benefits are exceptional. Baylor covers all of the DFW metroplex so there are many locations to work at based on where you live. Genuinely nice people.

ConsAlthough the benefits are great, compensation is lacking. The opportunities for advancement quickly go to those who have more tenure with the organization, regardless of qualifications - which is not necessarily a bad thing, but makes it very difficult for newer employees trying to advance within the organization. Often times new jobs are only posted because they are required to be, while the hiring managers already have a candidate lined up for the new positions.The size of the organization, while it provides many opportunities, causes all processes to move very slowly - it takes months to get expenses reimbursed, the interview/hiring process moves at a snails pace, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen filling new jobs, honor the process of seeking out and considering all applicants. Take into consideration professional qualifications in addition to tenure.

Still struggling after reorg in Aug 2012

BIS (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay, good benefits, a lot of wonderful experienced people with… Cons: Running too lean and pushing to be more lean. IT (BIS) does not invest the time and resources to get it done correct the… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to get eyes on IT. They seem to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Big corporation with good opportunities

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good staff education and benefits Cons: Corporate is often in another city and doesn't care about… Advice to Senior Management: Don't tighten up on the nursing staff when management is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Baylor Health Care System.

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!