There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System

BHCS Challenges

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There a numerous aspects of this business that are a class act. I would go here for healthcare when given the opportunity to choose. It is also an amazing environment where many people have a long history with the company.

Cons

There are some fairly serious challenges as it relates to service prioritization and funding. The authority with which physicians operate outside of direct medical/patient care is difficult to manage at time. As a health system that works to integrate numerous areas there are other areas where too much autonomy is given.

There is a need to consider more of the recommendations of non-clinical staff.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Baylor Health Care System (View Most Recent)

Too much work for what it pays..

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System full-time

Pros

good benefits
    you get lunch for free almost everyday

Cons

There is a high probability that your first 2 o 3 paychecks will get later that what you expected..

Great company but like many, improvements pending.

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System full-time

Pros

Overall a great culture and I'm lucky to have a good team. When I have down days they seem to sense it and let me know I'm appreciated. Also appreciate the flexible schedule, willingness to let me learn new things (they seem to really like that in employees), and a focus on patient centered care. When people go out of their way to accomplish something or do something nice for a patient - they let them know it's appreciated. I feel the compensation is fair and benefits similar to other local organizations.

Cons

Lack of discipline in some areas of IT - do not always like to take the time to gain clarity about efforts, do requirements or plan things out. Rogue projects fly under the radar.

Can't speak for the rest of the company, but the vision/values of IT doesn't always seem to get passed down to the right people. The flex time and remote days are great perks for IT which I would strongly encourage you not to dismiss in the merge process.

There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System