There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System

Good place to work if you aren't looking for advancement.

I have been working at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This hospital system has good benefits and pretty good pay. They also have good vacation time. The tuition remimbursement is great.

Cons

However, there is not much room for advancement and the company does not seem to be very supportive of career changes even though they offer tuition reimbursement.

Allow employees to change career paths within the organization if they have chosen to go back to school and seek additional education.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Baylor Health Care System (View Most Recent)

Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- high paying
    - Work from home
    - stable
    - good benefits
    - some employees are intelligent
    - some employees care about patients

Cons

- immoral management
    - not challenging
    - possible on call rotation
    - high end user interaction with very low computer skills
    - politics
    - Managers will do anything to get ahead
    - Silo work

Baylor Scott and White health could have been a great place to wok. The complete disregard for software quality leaves a gaping hole that could lead to patient safety issues. Baylor is pushing the envelope of what can be done with EHR systems, but not in a good way. Their idea of quality control is a "good feeling that it works" nod from management. This is only going to work for as long as the FDA excludes EHR systems from MDDS law. Baylor needs to implement objective QA metrics to prevent regression and ensure patient safety. This can and should be done via the use of unit tests. Management pushes untested software to production under the premise that medicine is an anomaly to be excluded from all software best practices.

I would not recommend this company to my enemies. I do not recommend putting family into their hospital systems that employ this absurd custom EHR implementation to display lab results which can impact patient safety. I pray that Baylor one day recognizes their own company Motto and cleans up their moral and ethical score card.

Not bad

Former Employee - Technical Consultant II  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant II in Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Health Care System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not bad work environment. I like it just fine

Cons

All companies have their bad things. They are going through the challenge of health care reform which is hard to deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Health Care System

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!