Bayside Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Bayside Solutions

Looking back

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Bayside Solutions for several years and rode the rollercoaster. It was my first job out of college and I didn't know what bad, good or great looked like. Comparing my current employer to Bayside Solutions, the grass is greener in many ways.

The positive remarks I can give on this is company is that if you have the grit and guts to survive you can handle almost anything. This is a boiler room and it takes a lot of self motivation and drive to push through the BS. If you can walk away from this company successful with something to show for it, you will find it a great foundation for your future career. If you let this place chew you up and spit you out it can be hard to pick yourself up again.

I would also like to make the disclamer that agency recruiting is never easy. It never slows down, there are very short timeframes in which you celebrate and there is always more work to do. This is not unique to Bayside Solutions. This type of job is a lot of hard work. Many people can only handle an outside agency environment for less than 3 years before they burn out and go internal with an organization. The reason recruiters chose to work with an agency or firm versus taking an internal role are almost always centered around the fact that you have the opportunity to make a whole lot more money with an agency. If you arent motivated by money then don't bother working here.

I would recommend this company to a friend looking for an entry level job, but I would set their expectations. I would also have strong opinions on which departments are best to work under.

Cons

The environment and culture at Bayside is one that rules by fear and whip cracking. The culture does not foster collaboration, thought leadership or apprenticeship.

Recruiting is an apprenticeship business. To be a successful recruiter you need to learn from those above you and be properly mentored. There are some decent mentors at Bayside, but not many, and to their disadvantage many of them have been at Bayside Solutions for a very long time and only have one perspective on how to approach problems or do things. If you want to survive here, seek out a mentor and latch on to them. Do not get sucked in to the toxic culture around you and focus on building your brand and achieving something. Survive here and you can go on to do so much more.

The company was improving when I left. I hope that they have continued to improve and will get better ratings as time goes on. And yes, I can verify that several of the good reviews on this page were doctored by management that is fortunately no longer with the business. There was also a toxic culture problem which I think has been cleared up for the most part.

There are many good people here who I like and respect, but the environment is tough to endorse. This is a tough business to be in and the combination of poor leadership and immature culture are the critical elements that are hindering the successful growth of this business internally. Bayside has a good value prop and good customers, they also have pretty good salespeople. I hope they can continue to improve in these two critical areas.

This company needs an HR department in a major way. Not stodgy sleepy HR, but good progressive Silicon Valley HR that can drive this company in the right direction. For a recuiting company, that kind of HR talent shouldn't be hard to find in the Valley. Take a look at Workday across the street.

Do not promise Cabo in a year. Set realistic expectations for your employees.
Find ways to foster collaboration and thought leadership.
Scare tactics are not effective management tools. Encourage and promote. If someone is falling behind find ways to make them successful instead of pushing them out the door.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Bayside Solutions (View Most Recent)

Overall a very good work experience.

Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They havee been providing a steady flow of projects.

Cons

Sometimes slow to respond to calls.

Lots of opportunities for those who work hard with solid attitudes!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an easy job. You have to be able to learn quickly and develop strong relationships with everyone that you meet. We are in a great place right now with our growth as well and there are lots of opportunities to advance. We have great people that work here and because we are small, the people that work here matter; at all levels.

I really our managers that are here and I think that most of the negative reviews have been from people who just did not want to work hard or have had such negative attitudes that it has effected performance. That is not what our company stands for nor the environment that our managers like us to work in.

That being said, if you are the type of person that truly would like to take your job head on, work hard, and make great money, this is for you. If you just want promotions handed to you or the easy way to the top, you are not going to find that at Bayside Solutions.

Cons

The hardest part about working here are the changes. There is a high turn-over rate in staffing, because it is either right for you, or its not.

We are continuing to grow and with that growth comes growing pains. I have been here for over 1 year and strongly believe that we are a great company. I think that management does a great job engaging people and working to create opportunity.

If I can give one piece of criticism, it would be to develop a better line of communication between all parts of the company. I believe that is something that we are working towards and it is very apparent that this is a goal we are looking to meet this year.

There are newer employer reviews for Bayside Solutions