Baystate Health

www.baystatehealth.com

Great internship experience for someone learning more about healthcare

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsThe company was really interested in my having a variety of experiences. I was focused in research doing some basic data analysis but I was also given time to shadow others in various positions from different techs in the radiology department to different procedures in the operating room. I was given leeway to pursue some fo the things I demonstrated I did well in which helped me to get more experience and hone my skills.

ConsSome of the basic job function was a bit slow. I think more than anything else it just wasn't the right fit for me in terms of data analysis, but there were times when management simply didn't have anything for me to do. They'd give me something that was supposed to take a week and it took at day, and then they'd be at a loss as to what to do with me. In those cases I talked with co-workers or read a book for a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the main thing is to just make sure everyone is being utilized efficiently. I definitely felt like there were people around who spent half of their time not doing work.

Great hospital, love this company

Pct (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

I have been working at Baystate Health part-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing staff, great pay, good benefits, they are very understanding… Cons: Very difficult to get hired, HR department is very hard to get through, but if you… Advice to Senior Management: I love my unit manager, she is sweet Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be a great place to work

I have been working at Baystate Health

Pros: Good pay compared to other places, senior leadership has a good vision… Cons: Management plays favorites. Very little advancement opportunities. They generally hire… More

There are newer reviews on Baystate Health.

Worked for Baystate Health? Contribute to the Community!