Baystate Health

www.baystatehealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baystate Health

Baystate Health is one of the few major medical centers located in Western Massachusetts

Former Employee - Medicine in Springfield, MA
Former Employee - Medicine in Springfield, MA

I worked at Baystate Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Baystate Health is one of only a few major medical centers located in Western Massachusetts which would give the Institution the ability to provide a great many job opportunities

Cons

The ability to provide a great many job opportunities has not yet reached its full potential with this Institution and there is still more to be done.

Develop a job creation plan and carry it out to help boost the economic hardships in this area of Massachusetts.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Baystate Health (View Most Recent)

Great internship experience for someone learning more about healthcare

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA

I worked at Baystate Health part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company was really interested in my having a variety of experiences. I was focused in research doing some basic data analysis but I was also given time to shadow others in various positions from different techs in the radiology department to different procedures in the operating room. I was given leeway to pursue some fo the things I demonstrated I did well in which helped me to get more experience and hone my skills.

Cons

Some of the basic job function was a bit slow. I think more than anything else it just wasn't the right fit for me in terms of data analysis, but there were times when management simply didn't have anything for me to do. They'd give me something that was supposed to take a week and it took at day, and then they'd be at a loss as to what to do with me. In those cases I talked with co-workers or read a book for a bit.

I think the main thing is to just make sure everyone is being utilized efficiently. I definitely felt like there were people around who spent half of their time not doing work.

Great hospital, love this company

Current Employee - Pct in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Pct in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Baystate Health part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing staff, great pay, good benefits, they are very understanding if you are furthering your career, love it here

Cons

Very difficult to get hired, HR department is very hard to get through, but if you can get past them then it's all about you and your experience at the manager interview

I love my unit manager, she is sweet

There are newer employer reviews for Baystate Health