Bazaarvoice
www.bazaarvoice.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Wow - what a 180 this place has done in the last year.

I have been working at Bazaarvoice

Pros-Vacation policy
-the people
-what we've built so far
- no micro-management (yet)
- nice office
- free snacks
-benefits

Cons-Sr. leadership is throwing a lot of shiny objects (i.e. high priced GM's and other Execs) at our problems, and its only adding to the issues. more layers is not the answer.
-Execs are COMPLETELY out of touch with what's going on right now. Feels like a mass exodus is about to happen.
-The wonderful culture is all but gone and no one seems to care anymore
-Caring about employees seems to be all but gone- we've lost some super talented people recently that helped build this company. They've either been pushed out or unceremoniously been let go.
-A recent high level Exec hire has completely poisoned the culture and seen almost their entire team leave voluntarily, and nothing has been done about it. Not good for morale.
-Too many changes all the time, both in sales and product. Nothing ever has time to bake. Knee jerk reactions to everything is the norm here.
-Still a feeling of a 'boy's club' amongst certain leaders, esp in sales. If you're not in it...good luck getting moved up.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up guys - what was once a special place has deteriorated into a very sad state of affairs, and no one is convinced you all care anymore. Its as if the IPO happened, you made your money and that is it. This was once a place of pride to work at, people were clamoring to get it. Now people can't wait to get out, everyone is looking for jobs. The reason being, all of our friends who have left have told us how it is on the other side - more pay, less stress and being cared about by leadership. There's still time to turn things around but I fear its too late, too many great people are already gone. How long are you going to keep ignoring the problems?

The most fun and challenging job I've had in my 10 year career

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bazaarvoice

Pros: - Interesting challenges - Smart Colleagues - Fun environment - Lots of personal… Cons: - Because of the rapid growth, there's lots of change -… Advice to Senior Management: - Keep sharing lots of info about the successes and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Always changing, but still a way better than average job

I have been working at Bazaarvoice

Pros: Smart co-workers Challenging, interesting problems to work on Impressive clients Relaxed environment Past success Bright future Growth opportunities for the ambitious,… Cons: Some recent exec and senior management hires are poisonous to the culture Too much re-orging Definition of culture, beyond the stated seven pillars, is still too organic.… Advice to Senior Management: Good past emphasis on culture, but we really need some leadership to make BV a special mid-sized company to work for going forward Hold senior execs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bazaarvoice.

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!

Bazaarvoice – Why Work for Us?

Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bazaarvoice reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bazaarvoice CEO Gene Austin. All reviews posted anonymously by Bazaarvoice employees.