Bazaarvoice

www.bazaarvoice.com
  www.bazaarvoice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice

Best company to work for!

I have been working at Bazaarvoice

Pros

engaging, fun, fast-paced, great company culture

Cons

Can be political at times.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice (View Most Recent)

gift horse in the mouth

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, translated, opportunities like this just don't come around as often in the average career as we all might like. Massive need, real and measurable value attached to awesome customers supported by simply some of the best and brightest people in our industry - team BV. Often when watching game films, it is easy to focus on who missed what block all while the scoreboard shows W. I enjoy coming to work every day and can feel my self being stretched and learning and that energizes me.

Cons

With so many weapons and so much opportunity, picking the right targets to aim at can be half the battle. Velocity like this comes from great target selection.

Go with the one that brought you to the dance. Great talent....no barriers.

No longer learning anything new

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

vacation policy is very good
    decent location
    some really good colleagues
    PowerReviews integration seemed to go pretty well

Cons

last two big products / lines of business have failed
    no new products in the near term that will make any real impact
    market saturation is a real problem
    sales is still not doing well, many folks not making money
    engineering is a disaster, lots of good people jumping ship
    work ethic is not strong - too many "B" players are coasting and "A" players are leaving
    those who have stuck around for 4+ years are only riding out the money, you can tell they don't care anymore
    weird vibe these days - not fun like it used to be, no feeling of working toward a mission or common goal, seems slightly pathetic and makes me sad
    C-level leaders in sales and marketing are not respected nor very successful
    attention to all these issues posted on Glassdoor was promised and never delivered
    whatever this change is that is happening isn't for the best - unlike they keep telling us, change isn't always good - sometimes change is for the worst
    leadership seems to have no clue how to fix all this (or they don't care to)

I don't get it Brett. You were going to write on book on culture. Remember that? Why are you letting the company turn into every other nondescript company in the world? Where is the mission? The common goal? Why do you continue to let weak leaders stay? By doing that you are telling every single employee that they don't matter. You always told us that we spend 65% of our lives at work and it should mean something. Right now it feels very empty and shallow. True leadership, the kind of leaders people are inspired by and want to follow, are nonexistent here. This exodus is no longer in small pockets or an isolated issue. It is big and it is bad. BV now has a bad reputation as a place to work. That means not only will you lose the stars but also means you won't be able to hire new ones. Figure this out!

There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice