Leadership Opportunities at Every Level

Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, hard-working, smart colleagues. Great opportunities to gain leadership experience. Fun and motivating environment. Good company values and a focus on putting the customer at the center of our business.

Cons

Up until a few months ago I would have said cross-department collaboration, but I believe there is a renewed sense of importance around collaborating across the org.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on collaboration and on delighting our customers

Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Pretty great company

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technically challenging atmosphere with great peers. R&D encourages innovation, hard work and cooperation. Encouragement and team outings at every corner makes it a nice place to put your all into something and feel good.

Cons

The work area is cramped because of the growth and open seating. I think 1/2 the folks like it and 1/2 don't. Not tons of ego in this place, but where there is some, they are free to be controlling. Impossible to get someone hired here.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your people, not just the politics. Sit where they do, so you can see how cramped and uncomfortable and loud it is. And, finish what you start.

I've never been more engaged at a company and had more fun. Lots of really smart, fun loving, unique individuals.

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have the right leadership team in place to significantly move the needle for the company. We are growing and becoming more global by the day while keeping authentic & unique in our culture. i.e. we have our own company band, our own BV film festival, our own BV art show, and the company takes Corporate Social Responsibility very seriously. Mix in incredible people, and it makes working at BV a lot of fun.

Cons

It's to be expected with a company at our stage in the lifecycle, but we have to accelerate our thinking around scalability.

Advice to Management

Since Gene has taken the CEO job, I sincerely feel Mgmt is listening to employees and listening to customers. Let's keep headed forwarded!