There are newer employer reviews for Bbva

Definitely, a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

BBVA is continuously showing a strategic vision of the financial sector. Has a clear focus on innovation and the capacity to continue growing in different markets and segments. Provides multiple evaluation tools to determine your strengths and areas of development, both on performance and competencies, helping you define a clear and realistic plan with your supervisor. In my particular case, BBVA has provided me with real Career opportunities and I've been promoted to the Exec. Management Team 2 years ago. BBVA is a strong bank working with a Glocal vision, International diversification and with a view to continue growing in those markets which can provide better opportunities. Company values are aligned with my personal values.

Cons

There are certain technology issues that has to be solved. I know that they are working on solutions, but in certain occasions it may take a little bit longer than expected to get things done. Certain matrix organization structures may affect the speed of change necessary to launch new initiatives. Occasionally you may experience certain peaks of work that may lead you to long hours in the office.

To launch new initiatives it is necessary to take decisions even when they may not be totally agreed by everyone. Not taking the right decisions on time may lead us to a static organization incapable to grow.

reviews filtered by

I am learning a lot about how the definition and implementation of contracting processes work in a bank

Current Employee - Business Management Associate in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Business Management Associate in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

They treat you with respect and they allow you to do your job as you consider is best, the grade of delegation is notable high.

Cons

The way to promote in the company is not very clear and, in many ocassions, it depends you know the right person regardless if you have done a good work

They shoul review the promotion policy and Human Resources should be more independent in order to carry out this policy.

good as a place to learn, great for first job if your are 100% results oriented

I worked at Bbva

Pros

If you have good results, you are given opportunities different to your expertise area, in branches, careers are very fast, because of the growth in recent years. Good HR policies, getting better each year.

Cons

Is very unstable, management changes each year, due to the "rotations" so it is difficult to have a long term plan for development of proyects. It is wors if the new manager wishes to bring his former employees, with no experience, and reorganises complete areas, many experienced successful workers leave the company. There is no "knowledge management" when people rotate, new employees need to start from "0".

Watch out for the increasing number of experienced workers leaving. It is true that the bank is doing great because of good economic moment of the country, but that is not a reason to forget internal management problems.

There are newer employer reviews for Bbva