Beachbody Is Not The Ideal Workplace

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Energy Drink Products/Vitamins in a well-stocked kitchen.

Cons

Sweatshop environment. Programmers and other software development personnel work shoulder-to-shoulder in an extremely rude, noisy, crowded and chaotic environment. New employees have no on-site parking. Parking is available on the street, however only for 2 hours at a time. Otherwise, employees have to park 1/2 mile away in another garage and take shuttles to get to and from their vehicles.

Advice to Management

Drop the sweatshop model. This is not India. Create some behavior guidelines for employees. Cut the amount of needless daily meetings by 50% so development personnel can actually get work finished on schedule. Hire more people who have people skills and pleasant personalities.

Other Employee Reviews for Beachbody

Started out great, ended up the worst!

Current Employee - Telesales in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Telesales in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occasionally they give you free food and workout programs

Cons

Ever changing rules, increasing minimum standards all the time making them almost impossible to reach. Managers don't care about your well being even if you are an ideal employee. Distrust and dishonesty of management. Good leaders are let go after years of service and replaced with unqualified ones. No job security, even if you are doing your job, you can be let go for any reason. Management promotes who they like regardless of their capabilities, not people who are best for the job or business.

Advice to Management

Look into why turnover rate is so high. Look into why people are getting hired from the outside and not promoted from within. Have management get to know the skills and qualifications of employees you have in house. Knowing that many employees are overqualified for the positions they have because of the jon market, look at those employees for positions higher up in the company as those positions open instead of waiting for them to quit when they find other jobs.

2. detrimental to my health

Current Employee - Bachbody Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bachbody Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Beachbody part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discounts, helping others, and earnings

Cons

My downside are not company related it's personal. I have a hard time talking to people about TBB, I know I have to do more personal development

Advice to Management

I think upper management does very well, I don't really have any ideas to make it better than what it already is.