My Historic Experience at Beacon

Current Employee - Regional Landscape Director in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Regional Landscape Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beacon Communities

Pros

The Beacon Communities has very historic meaning to me and my career. I started with Beacon more than 36 years ago. Over these many years I have seen the results of high end residential property construction, management and maintenance which have become the standard within Beacon. Beacon Communities has an impressive and lengthy track record. Be it their own property, a fee managed property, new development construction, the rehabilitation of a property or a historic renovation all projects are subject to the same level of high quality renovation and attention to detail. It’s fun to be part of seeing the original properties I first worked at now going through major physical upgrades. At the same time I am involved with many of the new properties being constructed or properties undergoing renovations as well as historic renovations. I am looking forward to being involved in more proposed projects that are still in the planning phase. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to be part of this company and work with such a knowledgeable team. The planning stages and development process are impressive and well thought out amongst a team of skilled and very experienced staff members within Beacon. This provides a great opportunity for learning and the ability to have input into the process. I believe part of the continued success of the company is a direct result of the “Communications Promise” from the Boston Office and a goal to engage employees. Newsletters of late are just full of company news and portfolio performance updates. The communication process from Beacon has reached new heights informing the entire company more consistently on social and business news throughout the portfolio. Our mentoring training is already showing positive results with employees working together and wanting to reach out to help each other more than ever. Today, there is more of a team approach at Beacon resulting in a new level of consistency from property to property. My position as Director of Landscaping in addition to being a member of the Beacon Directors Team within the maintenance and landscaping divisions has been a great team building and learning experience. We meet monthly with the properties supervisors, their staff and managers to discuss the most important and timely issues, plan training sessions and mentor key employees. These important communication messages and training sessions are then conveyed to the properties and the positive results are being felt and experienced by everyone at Beacon as we continue to bring a high end product to our customers. The “glass door” for me within Beacon has extended far past the door and down many hallways, up stairways to buildings to outdoor courtyards full of beautifully landscaped grounds. I have enjoyed my years at Beacon working with many wonderful co-workers and I have developed many good friendships. I look forward to retiring some day from Beacon but only after I pass through many more doors.

Cons

I’m somewhat concerned and believe that the growth spurt we are in now may be too much all at once. However, I am confident with Beacon’s very strong leadership at the top that we will prevail. I see many employees going above and beyond the call of duty to help the Company succeed during this very active and exciting time.

Advice to Management

To continue to bring the consistent high end property management that has made us so successful through the years to where we are today. Also, continue to train and promote our employees as they show their engagement within the company and a desire to also grow in their careers with Beacon Communities. Growing within a company is a great success story and a real morale booster.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It’s all about the community

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Randolph, MA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Randolph, MA

I have been working at Beacon Communities

Pros

I have worked in a maintenance environment for the past 15 years. I love working at Beacon Communities. I joined team Beacon to be challenged and to make a difference. I have been challenged every day and I would like to think I make a difference. Every day is a new challenge, every challenge is different and every experience strengthens the foundation of knowledge. Training is common place at Beacon Communities; every month a new agenda. The topic changes but one common thread exists… How do we make our communities safer, better and more desirable for our residents? Our slogan says it all: “Living Well by Design” The design team is great, the marketing team is great and upper management is very serious.

Cons

It takes a long time to hire outside the company. Every employee is screened to ensure the safety of our residents. The process is critical; I just wish it was quicker.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I appreciate your effort.

Beacon is an excellent place to work where the individual still matters.

Former Employee - Assistant Prop Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Prop Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Beacon Communities

Pros

Beacon is a rapidly growing company but has still retained its small company, family atmosphere. This culture has created a sense of team that is a great environment to work in. The growth of the organization is providing significant opportunities to to grow and expand your reach as a person.

Cons

The great challenge for the company and the senior leadership team is to maintain the sense of family atmosphere while still growing the company at the pace they are on. It will be difficult to do, but they are very committed to retaining the qualities that make the place special.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can offer is to maintain the course of growing the company while retaining the family, caring atmosphere; the ability to do both will keep the place being the unique company it has become.