There are newer employer reviews for Beacon Roofing

I enjoyed my job and responsibilities

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Beacon Roofing

Pros

There are good employees who work well together. You really get to develop relationships with customers. Working as a team builds comradery between employees.

Cons

Upper management tries to call all of the shots which turns the branch manager into a puppet. Micro management is common. There is so much emphasis on having the fewest employees posssible to keep the operating costs down but this leads to low morale from less employees having to do more.

Advice to Management

Let the branch manager do the job you have hired him to do and trust his abilities. Choosing employees because of experience should not trump character issues, effort and teamwork.

reviews filtered by

Backwards!!!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Assistant Branch Manager in Regina, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Beacon Roofing

Pros

I loved the team that we built and the idea of moving forward

Cons

Upper management (RM's & Head office) was only concerned with themselves, I worked my butt off enough so I was given the opportunity to be interim branch manager for six months but as soon as they found a man it was taken. He can in and threatened me, became a tyrant and knows nothing about the business or the industry. I am still receiving calls from roofers, national and local companies, that are angry. But apparently head office doesn't take pride in the employees who actually could grow the company and are way to interested in themselves. I walked after he fired me for my reaction to him threatening me!!! I have never received a call from the Canadian president or my RM. I worked weekends and 16 hr days but I was happy to do it thinking that they would take notice.

Advice to Management

Overhaul and get your crap together!!! If you have ppl willing to grow and learn do not toss them away because you have a moron who is all about tyranny and selfishness. The only thing that I am happy about is that according to the companies that call they are ready to walk, so I know I gained their respect and did my job well and you did not take notice!!! And when someone is promised a raise do it there us no reason it should take 6 months to get it done!

Great place to work

I have been working at Beacon Roofing

Pros

Open management, great team, well run and efficient. If you are a strong performer you do well. Poor performers do not last long. You have to be willing to contribute.

Cons

Budgets are tight but allows the company to perform. Other than that it is a really great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within.