Bealls

wonderful

Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Bealls

Pros

benefits, started off with great salary

Cons

work weekends, but my dm works with me.

great place to work

167 Other Employee Reviews for Bealls (View Most Recent)

It seems like a good work place but after a day to a week you start regretting on applying there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Pleasant, TX

I have been working at Bealls

Pros

The hours for part-time workers and the ability of getting overtime and the associate discount. Also being able to help people and helping them save money by telling them when a good sale is going to be set.

Cons

Once you start working you lose your value as a customer, and there is favorites picked, and the manager sometimes screams at you in front of even customers. Also when you are ready to pay for your items if there is any customers behind you they get checked out first even if you have been waiting there for thirty minutes and we only get two discounts in our transactions which includes our discount and another coupon. And for a raise I have only seen a dime for my two years there, and managers choses favorites they get the advantage of getting checked out while clocked in and they give them the coupons when they don't have it with them when one of the rules is to have the coupon one your hands to be able to get the discount. In childrens department stays by itself for hours until an associate arrives and when that happens they find stolen items and no associate likes to work at childrens department and many customers have complained about managers and other associates being rude to them. Your also expected to do more than what you can we have a lady working in freight thats around 50- 60 years old doing all the freight plus cleaning the restrooms and swepping the floors and is expected for her to finish all the freight and have it out for us to put out, she also has to lift all them heavy totes when they are stacked higher than her. Thats what disappointed me over all about the bealls i work at its like seen my grandmother i helper myself but I get there 5 minutes before she has to leave. Bealls is a stressing place to work if you have family and if you have kids you get the advantage of flexiable hours but if you don't you don't get flexible hours unless u go to college, I have two jobs and they seem to forget n expect me to be there when they want me to.

To be equal to everyone and acknowlage what good work they have done do not yell at us we hear perfectly be patient with new associates even if they have been there for some months we learn something everyday and to tell us what has to be done before and after our shift is done, also check up on us during our shift.

This Companie need to update in many ways...

Current Employee - Merchandise Handler in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Handler in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Bealls

Pros

Large corporation with decent entry level salary.

Cons

i worked in the distribution center in Manasota Park in Bradenton and the layout of the inside of the building was not design for safety and maximum efficiency for the volume of pallets of merchandise circulating inside. The firm who design the convoyer area mess it up and that building has supporting poles that are at the wrong place for a distribution center (before it was a Tropicana building i read).

There was only one man working on maintenance on duty per shift and was already overload doing machines & convoyer repairs all the time, leaving other safety issues unfixed. The concrete was in poor condition where the steel carts roll in the spur department and hard to push when loaded and was driving the employees exhausted everyday, more than it should have been normally on flat or patched concrete. The old IBM computer system was good for salvage because often down, the workload was immence especially in the last hour of the shift.

The supervisor was making meeting almost everyday blaming employees and announcing new rules or policies and saying "if you don't want to do it the door is there" ! In the other building on 38th Street the Human Ressources department was not aware of what was said or going on there exactly.

Their firing policies are among the most severe in Florida if caught at anything even minor and they have a tendency for blaming the employees for anything like safety, minor injuries, toilet cleaness, red light flashing on the alley you work because need help during a rush time, pallets that are defective and often break down or simply no more room avaible to keep going. The forklifts pass at full speed within 1 or 2 feets of each workers 50 or more times per shift because the main alley was too narrowly design, if you need to drink you have to walk 100 ft to get to the water fountain that most of the time need a bottle replacement because they are not smart enough to buy a permanent filter fountain dispencer and waste lot of money buying bottle water...and for every pallet you complete you must shrink wrap it manually almost a hundred per shift, very hard on the back and if you hurt yourself like a hernia they will fight your case fiercly i have been told ! And they underestimate this recession because now they are in financial trouble i read, i would not be surprise they come with some announcements in the coming year...

Stop managing like in the 50's or 60's, buy new computers, give customers what they want not big brand names they can't afford, buy wisely, don't accepted a refund after 10 days from bad customers, invest a little more in safety prevention for your distribution centers, don't believe everything your safety guy say he is not that experienced and try to save his ass, close the looser dept stores, stop useless party, give a good annual raise, start doing exportation of your goods in other countries or sell them to Wallmart !

There are newer employer reviews for Bealls