Bealls

www.beallsinc.com
  www.beallsinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bealls

Disappointing, stagnant career, based on false promises.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Bealls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small teams, not a lot of red tape. You do get to experience a full range of experiences since we work on a skeleton crew. Employees are generally kind and has a comraderie type of environment.

Cons

After working there 5 yrs, I've been "promised" several times opportunities for growth. I've excelled in all my reviews and work 50hrs a week yet only make 5k more than I did when I started. The company expects you to pay for your own hotel and food/expenses when traveling. They pay you back after the trip.

Learn to value the employees that are willing to go the extra mile. Also a 2% raise every year is a joke. Reward employees based on dedication and ability.

154 Other Employee Reviews for Bealls (View Most Recent)

I felt like all of the managers in our store were treated very unfairly

Former Employee - Area Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Bealls

Pros

Besides a paycheck and insurance, there really was nothing to keep me with this company.

Cons

Area (mid-level) managers were left to run the store in the absence of our store manager. She constantly came in late, left early - if she showed up at all. And, when we got a bad store review she wrote all of her mid-level managers up for not running the store right. WHAT???? Insanity. We (mid-level managers) had put up with a lot, but this just totally pushed us over the edge. I am absolutely disgusted with what we were put through. This company is totally unethical and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. I feel sorry for the poor hourly people that work there. Morale is awful in the store. When I tried to bring up these issues to our corporate human resources office, I was interviewed by our regional operations manager at our store and was told "put my big girl britches on" and basically deal with it. I have never been around such unprofessional people in my entire 15+ years in retail management.

Mid-level managers run your stores. You need to treat them with respect. We are given huge businesses to run with high expectations, yet no staff. Get real. Things will never be the way you want them without an investment in hourly staff to get the tasks done. Visual regionals are given the power to run the stores? Very strange. In my two years with Bealls, I was in your Leadership program yet never was offered any kind of advancement, other than a panel interview with absolutely no follow-up by anyone. How are talented, educated people expected to stay with a company when morale is terrible, pay is below industry standard, and there is not even a path for advancement? Everyone knows it's not what you know but who you know that will get you ahead at this company. Absolutely ridiculous. I have had enough!!! I feel sorry for the managers at my store I had to leave behind. They are miserable.

its okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, TX

I have been working at Bealls

Pros

the discounts for the associates.

Cons

pay isnt the best for a clothing store

hmm