Understandable why they failed.

Former Employee - Equity Research Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Equity Research Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bear Stearns

Pros

It was just like the other investment banks, banks which no longer exist in the form they had when I worked on the Street.

Cons

The downsides to working at Bear included the lack of interest from management to the impact of their decisions on those under them. I worked for a boss who took 100% of the credit for the activities of his staff and instructed his staff on how to cover for his time outside of the office.

I would suggest that senior management learn to pay more attention to the skills and opinions of those under them and to never forget that they just may not be the most important or intelligent people in the room.

Other Reviews for Bear Stearns

Once upon a time, it used to be a great place to be....

Former Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bear Stearns

Pros

The atmosphere was great. I loved to be around my co-workers. The job rewarded me as much growth as I wanted. I was given much responsibilities that people of my same age could not imagine. Although, things turned south starting last summer, I did miss my tenure with Bear prior to that.

Cons

I think the pay is on the lower side of the Wall Street pay scale. Management is very capable but needs to pay better severance for the people they decide to get rid of. In addition, there is not much professional support network that promotes growth and advancement for young professionals.

Need to compensate your talents better.

A place where bad managers go to die!

Former Employee - Vice President - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bear Stearns

Pros

Location, location, location - great part of New York (that is if you worked on Madison Ave)

Cons

Managers that did not deserve to be in the position they were in

Get a clue and listen to your reports.

There are newer employer reviews for Bear Stearns.

Worked for Bear Stearns? Contribute to the Community!