There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

Bearingpoint scoop at the top

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

The culture of the company is pretty good. Work from home is a plus. Benefits are pretty comparable to other companies. Vacation/ time off is pretty good. Soon as you are either a senior consultant or higher, you get 5 weeks of sick time and/ or vacation

Cons

Promotions and salary increases are far and few. Folks on engagements are treated pretty harshly in my opinion. They are treated like as if they were step children. Even though most engagement folks obviously work in the field and at client sites, I still think that more personal involvement from their engagement managers is necessary so that they don't feel like they have been disregarded, etc.

Give the folks at the bottom the adequate bonuses that they deserve so they will remain loyal too.

432 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, great people and work/life balance, but poorly run company

Current Employee - Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Great people and the work is interesting. The work/life balance is excellent (depending on sector - Public Services is great), not just for a consulting firm, but for any firm!

Cons

The C-level management team is borderline incompetent. There is no reason a consulting firm with approx $3.5B in revenue and strong utilization should be as close to bankruptcy as BearingPoint is. The overall benefits packages, namely the 401k program, is a joke. They match 25 cents on the dollar and it is vested like a pension.

Sell the company and leave.

Have a Back Up Employment Plan

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

The best reason to work for BearingPoint is that it is a great place to start your professional career and get in on the ground floor of consulting.

Cons

BearingPoint is currently going through severe financial distress and the future of the company is uncertain. Compensation and benefits are also below the market average for similar jobs. The number one downfall of BearingPoint is its total lack of investment in training and nurturing of its employees. Consulting is a people business and not training and growing the skills of your work force is suicidal.

I would advise senior leadership to take a long look in the mirror and figure out that they are sinking this company. If we want to be a serious consulting firm and not a body shop we need to start investing in our people and showing our clients how we truly add value.

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

Worked for BearingPoint? Contribute to the Community!