BearingPoint

Lucky to have a job

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for BearingPoint are getting to work for a lot of Fortune 500 Companies. The work life balance is good with lots of vacation. The Per diem is also very nice when you're on the road. The salaries are also quite competitive considering they have to overcompensate people to not leave the company.

Cons

The job stability and overall health of the company is very much a reason for concern. There has also been quite a talent flight to the competitors over the past year. There is basically zero job stability for anyone on the bench

Sell off the business units as quickly as possible

441 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

Surviving the downturn

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

BearingPoint is a very entrepreneurial place to work. If you are someone who thrives in an autonomous environment and hates to be micromanaged, then you will enjoy working at BearingPoint. As a project lead, I have been empowered by my project manager to lead my track as I see fit as long as it accomplishes the goals of the project. Traveling is big plus with BearingPoint since they still pay out the US CONUS PerDiem rates, so if you are cheap (like me) and can eat on $20/day, you can easily pull in an extra $400-500/month in discretionary income from traveling.

Cons

If you are someone that requires a lot of structure, it will drive you nuts. Most managers I have worked with are not very hands-on and rely more on your initiative than on their own management. I highly encourage you to use this as an opportunity to expand your skillset and take initiative. You will have more opportunities to meet with clients, the downside is that you may not feel as comfortable since often times you are thrown into situations you have not necessarily been prepared for ahead of time. My advice is to stay away from negativity, there is a lot of it and if you work at BearingPoint you don't need anymore of it.

More transparency.

Strong PS Practice - enjoyed my 8 years of service

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Very strong Public Services business has unusually good stability and work life balance. I have been very proud to serve BE for the past eight years. We have excellent employees and our clients fanatically support us. On the ground things are positive and the PS practice continues to win work despite the Chapter 11 filing.

Cons

Actions at the Corporate level have resulted in a steady decline of the company resulting now in its dissolution. I have been proud to serve BE for 8 years but I look forward to our acquisition by another tier 1 consulting firm. We have had a cloud hanging over us for years with the SEC investigations, filling delays, and then issues surrounding the structure of our corporate debt.

Be more aware of the potential risk to performing M&A

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint