BearingPoint

It was a good run.

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

BearingPoint, even in this time of turmoil, has attempted to reward employees for hard work and dedication. Additionally, BearingPoint has is a supporter of lateral movement as well as promotions within your field. This means if one is not interested in the type of work he/she does, it is not difficult to switch to a different area of the company.

Cons

Upper management has let the company down. They were unable to run a profitable business even though BearingPoint employees were delivering on the job they were assigned - specifically, satisfying the client with best in class project work.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

438 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

Not the best, not the worst

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

The people - I worked with many fantastic, smart, dedicated, hardworking consultants
    Career Path - During the time I worked there this improved a lot as it was clear how to progress and what was required to get promoted to the next level
    Opportunity - When I joined BE I was changing careers and was given the opportunity to gain new experience in the area that I was interested

Cons

Globally communications were poor. It was clear after Ed Harbach became CEO they were trying to improve but many of the communications were "fluffy" at best
    Locally, information on benefits and programs difficult to find
    Onboarding was lacking, self serve really was figure it out yourself
    Limited investment in training

I think it is too late for feedback as BE will be divided up soon but to remember 'our employees are our most important asset'

Awsome

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Opportunities for career growth and personal development is available at BearingPoint company. The work experience is particularly fulfiling specifically because one is exposed to a variety of assignments none which is similar. This exposure is helpful career wise and adds richness in ones personal skills in the consulting fild. I have particularly enjoyed different types of assignments ranging from medium to lart organizations.

Cons

Sometimes, promotion may depend on the visibility with the management or how close one may be with his MD. I noted earlier on in my employment employees who were close to their MDs got promoted much faster than those without feasibilities with their MD even though ones evaluation could be higher. I was particularly disatified with the fact that I did not receive a raise for quite a while even though my utilization was average.

Invest in the employees to succeed the company. Improve compensation to boost employees morale

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint