There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

BearingPoint review

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

Working in HR provided a work/life balance. Flexibility with working from home. My peers and client teams were great people.

Cons

Teams too large. Stressful and difficult to manage large teams, and to be able to really excel in the role.

Since they company filed chapter 11 and was sold, I think that some of the things that our overall company leaders did could be taken to other companies as lessons learned. I think BearingPoint was headed in the right direction in 2008 before most of the companies problems, but many things were put on the back burner due to financial issues and filing chapter 11. It was too bad.

432 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Contract Analyst
    Former Employee - Contract Analyst

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

BearingPoint was a great place to work...while they were around. I learned a lot and had the ability to work with tons of smart people. Moved on quickly to higher roles and was promoted each year I was there which was great. Bonus was a little weak...but it was something and I have friends who were not getting raises over those years because of the economy.

Cons

Well..... for one thing - the company went bankrupt, after they said that they weren't going to. another is that some bosses expect you to work night and day for them, over the weekend, while your on vacation, etc. other bosses are awesome tho and respect your personal time.

It would be sweet if they could have figured out how to keep the company running. Lots of good hard workers lost there jobs because of some failures.

Great First Job

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

-Great People
    - Always a place where you can learn
    -Management always communicated with you to make sure you were happy
    -Great Upper Management

Cons

The company was in trouble and you could see that thru various factors...

Pay was not as good as others
    Work environment suffered

only advice i can bring is that being true during the con calls would help settle some of the unease

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

Worked for BearingPoint? Contribute to the Community!