BearingPoint

www.bearingpoint.com
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

Good consulting firm gone by the wayside

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

Like all consulting firms, BearingPoint offered fantastic experience to interact with many different clients. I worked for 15-20 Fortune 500 clients during my 4 years at BearingPoint.

Cons

BearingPoint unfortunately struggled with poor management communication as it worked through multiple CEOs, internal reorgs, etc. At times you worked very long hours and were under high stress conditions. The nonstop travel definitely got a little tedious at times.

The one thing I wish BearingPoint did more of was work to make it a fun work environment like Deloitte and other consulting firms. There were very few activities, social events, etc. in our office and I only really got to know people on my specific projects.

438 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

Now bankrupt

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

Camaraderie with coworkers. Good project work. Interesting and exciting clients. Got to travel the world on the companies dime. If your Managing Director was good, this was a very good place to work.

Cons

Many cons. How about atrocious senior management. No consideration for work or life balance (what can you expect, its consulting). In 8 years only received one bonus.

Its now bankrupt, 'nuff said.

A series of terrible CEO's and bad Senior Management lead this place into the ground. Sad. A lot of good people and good work was done at this company, only to be driven into the ground by incompetent management. This place suffered from one management debacle after another.

Employee compensation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

Good career advancement upto manager level. Reasonably good compensation. 5 week PTO from Senior Consultant level. Lots of training opportunities if you are not on a project.

Cons

No Bonus. Need to build strong relationship with MD's for promotions and absolutely no growth beyond Manager level, if you are on H1B status.

Need to really be an equal employment opportunity employer.

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint