BearingPoint

www.bearingpoint.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

A pretty good employer, if they're around in 12 months.

Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

BearingPoint has great training programs, especially for new hires. Within my first year as a BE employee, I attended a 3-day orientation in Washington DC, a five day training on general consulting skills (also in Washington), and a 5 day technical training offered by an outside vendor for a technology we were looking to implement internally and for the client. For the first year, I think you would be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest as much training time and money in employees. I also enjoy working with the people I work with on a day-to-day basis. They also offer great vacation for new hires (4 weeks, straight out of school is not too shabby). They make you set annual goals, which can involve a lot of effort, but it's good for keeping you focused on what you need to be doing to advance.

Cons

LAME 401K! The matching (especially compared with my girlfriend's 401K (she will be working for KPMG) is weak (25% of contributions of up to 5% of pretax), especially coupled with a five year vesting period (KPMG, fully vested from day one). They claim to be a company that supports work-from-home programs, but my senior manager was not willing to even consider it. There is a lot of BS admin work, even for people working billable hours on the client.

Communicate more with employees and be more present. In the past several weeks we've been facing a turbulant stock price and rumors of acquisition, but communications from the executive group are mostly "dont worry, keep working".

441 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

BE is the place for me at this time and this place

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

The firm has been going through many changes over the years I have been employed here, making BE a very flexible environment in which to work.

Cons

Terrible 401K match, no education credit, terrible stock price

Improve the 401K match

"Where there is no vision, the people perish" - Proverbs 29:18; DONT DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!

Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Great place to launch a career. A lot of opportunities to travel within Emerging Markets. The work life balance is great and whenever you need a day off, management has no problem giving it to you.

Cons

No respect from management. I got cursed at when I put in my two-weeks notice. Edwin Harbach has no vision for the company. I started looking for a new job on the first day he became CEO. He said in our first global employee call that he is not a big vision guy. Proverbs 29:18 says "Where there is no vision, the people perish" God's word is proving again to be true and right. I will keep all BearingPoint employees in my prayers as I move on.
    When I took the Yale Consulting Foundations training, I thought that would help me in my career, and give me a pretty good chance of getting promoted. But when I went to it, it actually HURT me when it came to my Performance Review. In fact, my Managing Director told me I would not be getting promoted because I went to this training for a week!

Don't drink the cool-aid!

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint