There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

A pretty good employer, if they're around in 12 months.

Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

BearingPoint has great training programs, especially for new hires. Within my first year as a BE employee, I attended a 3-day orientation in Washington DC, a five day training on general consulting skills (also in Washington), and a 5 day technical training offered by an outside vendor for a technology we were looking to implement internally and for the client. For the first year, I think you would be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest as much training time and money in employees. I also enjoy working with the people I work with on a day-to-day basis. They also offer great vacation for new hires (4 weeks, straight out of school is not too shabby). They make you set annual goals, which can involve a lot of effort, but it's good for keeping you focused on what you need to be doing to advance.

Cons

LAME 401K! The matching (especially compared with my girlfriend's 401K (she will be working for KPMG) is weak (25% of contributions of up to 5% of pretax), especially coupled with a five year vesting period (KPMG, fully vested from day one). They claim to be a company that supports work-from-home programs, but my senior manager was not willing to even consider it. There is a lot of BS admin work, even for people working billable hours on the client.

Communicate more with employees and be more present. In the past several weeks we've been facing a turbulant stock price and rumors of acquisition, but communications from the executive group are mostly "dont worry, keep working".

432 Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint (View Most Recent)

BE has great people, but a very bad historical executive leadership team. Current team is too late.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros

Great People; Career Opportunities, Interesting Work

Cons

Unstable Corporation, Uncertain Future, Bad Leadership, Short Term Vision, No Long Term Investment in People or Brand

Need to focus on cutting overhead costs, NOT on operational costs. Invest in the business and be honest with yourself if you can't... and if you can't make a transaction happen. Stop telling the employee's to "keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine", while most of the senior leadership team has been floating their resumes for the better part of the last year. It's over, now open the channels and make some deals happen or you will lose your only real asset that is left... the people (and yes there are, remarkably, fgood people left in certain well performing practices.

New employee: only if you are desperate; existing employees: work on your resume and job hunting skills

Former Employee - Managing Director  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Managing Director in McLean, VA

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros

Only job one can find while looking for another. BE may pay more to get you in the door - but it is a revolving door. MDs are watching their asses - they only care (a little) about their friends. Goverment contracting officers may soon stop awarding contracts, Clients are not happy and not paying for BE service. Best Summary: Stall, Spin, Crash and Burn. Company stalled in December with the replacement of Harry You by Ed Harbach. The spin began with Ed's attempt to find a new CFO - who wisely left quickly

Cons

They will be bankrupt soon; Very difficult to sell parts of the company; disorder. Worst thing is having BE on your resume

Ed Harbach is not qualified to run a public corporation in trouble. All he was, was a executive for Accenture in Japan. The Board of Directors had no other candidate - when they blamed Harry You - for their decisions. Get a lawyer - an incredible number of shareholdr lawsuits exist or are in the works.

There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

Worked for BearingPoint? Contribute to the Community!