BearingPoint

www.bearingpoint.com

A pretty good employer, if they're around in 12 months.

Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBearingPoint has great training programs, especially for new hires. Within my first year as a BE employee, I attended a 3-day orientation in Washington DC, a five day training on general consulting skills (also in Washington), and a 5 day technical training offered by an outside vendor for a technology we were looking to implement internally and for the client. For the first year, I think you would be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest as much training time and money in employees. I also enjoy working with the people I work with on a day-to-day basis. They also offer great vacation for new hires (4 weeks, straight out of school is not too shabby). They make you set annual goals, which can involve a lot of effort, but it's good for keeping you focused on what you need to be doing to advance.

ConsLAME 401K! The matching (especially compared with my girlfriend's 401K (she will be working for KPMG) is weak (25% of contributions of up to 5% of pretax), especially coupled with a five year vesting period (KPMG, fully vested from day one). They claim to be a company that supports work-from-home programs, but my senior manager was not willing to even consider it. There is a lot of BS admin work, even for people working billable hours on the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees and be more present. In the past several weeks we've been facing a turbulant stock price and rumors of acquisition, but communications from the executive group are mostly "dont worry, keep working".

BE has great people, but a very bad historical executive leadership team. Current team is too late.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at BearingPoint

Pros: Great People; Career Opportunities, Interesting Work Cons: Unstable Corporation, Uncertain Future, Bad Leadership, Short Term Vision, No… Advice to Senior Management: Need to focus on cutting overhead costs, NOT on operational costs. Invest in the business and be honest with yourself if you can't... and… More

New employee: only if you are desperate; existing employees: work on your resume and job hunting skills

Managing Director (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at BearingPoint

Pros: Only job one can find while looking for another. BE may pay more to get you in the door - but it is a revolving… Cons: They will be bankrupt soon; Very difficult to sell parts of… Advice to Senior Management: Ed Harbach is not qualified to run a public corporation in trouble. All he was, was a executive for Accenture in Japan. The Board of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BearingPoint.

Worked for BearingPoint? Contribute to the Community!