Bechtel

www.bechtel.com
  www.bechtel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bechtel

Construction engineer as an international assignee

Current Employee - Senior Construction Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Construction Engineer

I have been working at Bechtel

Pros

Bechtel is increasingly winning work outside the US so there is real opportunity to travel around the world. The international pay is significantly better than domestic pay due to extended work weeks and decreased living costs.

Cons

International assignments are 24 months minimum in duration and often times in construction camps in undesirable places. Many places are 6 days work weeks and vacation time determined by rotation not personal plans. Often times you must go single status and leave the family behind for several months at a time. International assignments as a technical engineer are more difficult to get but generally more family friendly.

Provide more timely feedback as to job performance and recognize public ally good work done. There is a perception that as long as you put in your time you will become a manager, not everyone is competent enough to be a manager even if they have been working for 30 years!

387 Other Employee Reviews for Bechtel (View Most Recent)

Awesome company to work for

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Bechtel

Pros

Well known company, a huge plus in a resume, if you ever worked at Bechtel.
    Truly equal opportunities employee.

Cons

Below average pay
    Majority of jobs are in Asia and Middle East, which makes you relocate every so often, which can also be an advantage for some employees.

Good job overall!

I really enjoyed working for Bechtel

Former Employee - Electrician
    Former Employee - Electrician

I worked at Bechtel

Pros

My supervisors were great, my successful problem solving was attributed to me with no subterfuge. Great training was provided while I worked there, broad and practical.

Cons

Very large company, so there were many inefficiencies that I had to put up with. While this was frustrating, I did learn later that there was a bigger picture that I was unaware of at the time.

Although it would be challenging, I believe a more earnest attempt at worker consultation to improve business processes would be beneficial.

There are newer employer reviews for Bechtel