Bechtel
www.bechtel.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Company retains its employees

Finance (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsEven during economic downturns, Bechtel management looks for ways to retain its employees. For example, there may be offices where staff hours are cut but layoffs are minimized.

If you are a good performer, management is flexible in moving you to another city or country for personal reasons. There are also many opportunities to switch functions, especially if you are a non-engineer.

Opportunities to work overseas for people willing to do so. Compensation is competitive.

ConsDouble standard for top managers who don't have to adhere to companies policies of treating others with respect, transparency, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore accountability for senior managers to adhere to corporate covenants.

Has a problem retaining new hires... for a reason.

Subcontracts Expeditor (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Bechtel full-time for more than a year

Pros: 980 schedule, makes your resume shine, does well in down-turns Cons: Lack of training, entry level pay isn't really competitive, bureaucracy Advice to Senior Management: Retain new hires! Don't act like you don't know how - you attract some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Clueless

Houston, TX

I have been working at Bechtel full-time

Pros: Decent Benefits; 9/80 Work Schedule; Generous Vacation Cons: Management seems to be clueless on the emmense pressure to produce. … Advice to Senior Management: Management style is VERY outdated. Needs to truely review… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bechtel.

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bechtel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bechtel CEO Bill Dudley. All reviews posted anonymously by Bechtel employees.