There are newer employer reviews for Bechtel

Committed to providing employees a great place to work!

I have been working at Bechtel

Pros

Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. Many people want to work for such a reputable company and Bechtel is being very responsive to employees's needs in the workplace. They're implementing many programs as part of a great place to work campaign that is seeing great results.

Cons

They can improve diversity of the workforce.

359 Other Employee Reviews for Bechtel (View Most Recent)

Ethical, results driven organization

I have been working at Bechtel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong leadership, with great history. Company is invested in the employees, and provides ample opportunity for people to gain new experiences and learn new skills.

Cons

Upward mobility can be hampered by the fact that people do not often leave the organization. This is not through any fault of their own, but rather a result of being a good place to work and therefore difficult to leave.

I Really Really Really Hate My Job

I have been working at Bechtel

Pros

Paycheck, going home on time, 4 weeks PTO, 6% 401k match

Cons

They force people to move all the time for no reason. They will either tell you that your job is now in the other main office, or they move the entire office 50 miles away. It is all politics, a$$ kissing, backstabbing, lying, favoritism and meaningless busywork. Bureaucracy abounds, and I still can’t figure out what half of the people do. Meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings. Lots of foreigners taking jobs away from Americans. The only reason I took the job and endured the boredom was for the short commute to Frederick, MD. I thought it was the last job I would ever need, so I will just put up with it for a few more years until I can retire. They moved the office to Reston, so I now spend 2 to 4 hours a day sitting in traffic jams to get to a job that I hate. I am trapped there by unmarketable job skills. They stick me with crappy assignments while incompetent a$$ kissers keep getting the good projects.

Focus on what people accomplish and not what time they get there or how many hours they sit in their cubicles.

There are newer employer reviews for Bechtel

Worked for Bechtel? Contribute to the Community!