Beckman Coulter

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter

Pros

Great for entry level personnel

Cons

Little room for growth
negative corporate culture

micromanagement uninvests employees

325 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

Downhill, sinkng ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter

Pros

Meeting great customers and delivering my promise.

Cons

The business ethics of this place just stink these days. I have been involved in and witnessed many instances where problems were simply " band-aided" enough to get by for a few months. Half of the life science products wete discontinued or sold in the last 4 years. Customer service has detiorated to nothing more than a skeleton crew of personnel. An outside used car salesman was hired to be a customer service manager instead of employees with 20 plus years of "In the lab and in front of the customer " experience. Our products are now built for half the money and sold for twice as much as they were 12 years go. I sadly, will be leaving this summer. I simply can not pass up any more offers from companies that i feel have a better understanding of how to run and manage a professional work environment.

Spend more time empowering your employees to suceed. You hired them, now let them do their jobs without having to cut so many corners. It only hurts our customers and in the end that will eventually hurt the company. Please stop wastiing your time going to fake leadership and managment seminars. They obviously dont work. Those seminars dont understand our business. Your employees do, so swallow your ego and go ask them what needs to happen. Beckman is losing customers on a daily business, we simply dont deliver what we promise anymore. The problem is known, the solution is simple. Get off your computers and try managing the company. I dare you!

This was a great company to work for, but it slowly deteriorated to being only adeqate.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Brea, CA

I worked at Beckman Coulter

Pros

This is a place where you can challenge yourself, where the job is rewarding and beneficial to the public.

Cons

Management frequently seemed to be at a loss for how to best accomplish their goals. Lots of going in circles as reorganization seemed to supersede actual planning.

Pick a path, communicate it and work it. Don't keep changing hoping things will improve. Carefully evaluate your people so you keep the good ones and let the dead wood go.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter