There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Data focused and moving in the right direction to have a great future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Software engineering team sizes are 10-15 people which is great for having a wide responsibility for technical knowledge and having people to fall back on for advice and help. Team is focused on quality and making us more predictable on schedule and quality each release.

Cons

Ensuring focus is on the final customer experience is hard to maintain. It is there at the end of each release when we consider and last minute changes but is not always there when we plan a release.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company with a great future ahead

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Medford, OR

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the best job I've ever had. I average just enough overtime to keep me happy yet not feel overworked. Beckman/Danaher is always looking to improve operations and customer service. The pay is good, the health benefits are slightly above average, other benefits are great. My managers are supportive yet don't micro-manage like a lot of managers in other areas and in other companies.

Cons

Competition is high and labs are constantly switching from Beckman to Sysmex, Sysmex to Siemens, Siemens to Roche, Roche to Beckman. It's hard to keep all the accounts happy and areas staffed because of these challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Lack of Organization and Direction

Former Contractor - Associate Development Scientist in Brea, CA
    Former Contractor - Associate Development Scientist in Brea, CA

I worked at Beckman Coulter as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous with employee perks such as taking them out to paid lunches and having company events. Also understanding of giving time off in advance.

Cons

Workers are very cliquish; favoritism is visible. Very poor organization, lack of an established hierarchy/system within R&D groups which leads to workers being confused in what they're assigned. Management expects a lot from workers/contractors with lack of training and proper guidance from management. Because of this, workers (especially contractors) are thrown under the bus for their mistakes rather than management even though they make mistakes themselves. Most people within the company lack confidence in where the company's heading for the future ever since its acquisition by Danaher.

Advice to Management

Executive/senior management should give Mid/lower managers more freedom so that they can effectively assign a hierarchy of position so that management can effectively assign tasks to their employees and be less stressed out.