Beckman Coulter

www.beckmancoulter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Beckman Coulter was an excellent company to work for but has declined due to upper management mismanagement and sale.

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working on your own in the field, like having your own small Co. Always new ever changing.

Cons

New company like a dictatorship. Talks about "Communication" with employees but the communication a lot of the time was irrelevant to persons position. Want to hear what you are doing to resolve issues on local level.

Poor relationship with "Associate"'s.

312 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

Unsure future

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Self satisfaction that customers appreciate what we are doing for them. -Great position if you love troubleshooting mechanical devices; challenging and satisfying. -This position pays well, but more would be nice :)

Cons

-Micro-mangement style. -Freedoms and benefits are the thing of the past. -The doom and gloom of layoffs hang over everyones head. -Great and consistent performance is not appreciated. -No one to voice your opinions to (HR, management) without backlash whether or not "it's strictly confidential". I guess I should stop now.

Manage people please. We are not numbers or robots. Think before you set policies in place. We, in the field, know the right things to do. If someone is taking advantage of the system, please burn them at the stake, not the entire field.

Beckman Coulter Genomics - Less than Ideal

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company dealt with lots of great technologies and most of our vendors and clients were fantastic to work with.

Cons

Management was lackluster, and due to site consolidation everyone was overworked.

Not necessary - Beckman Coulter Genomics was sold off to Integrated Laboratory Systems. It is called ILS Genomics now.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter