Beckman Coulter

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Exciting Time To Join Beckman Coulter

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chaska, MN
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Executive leadership committed to growth through innovation of new products. In our Chaska site, we are ramping up and bringing on scientists, engineers and other new members of our team to support the development of our next generation products. People are really excited about this and it's created a great energy at our site. There is an increased emphasis on personal accountability and through DBS, tools and resources to support people in creative, focused problem solving. There is just a lot of interesting and challenging work.

There are some great people here! Very bright people who want to challenge status quo, collaborate on ways to get better every day. Days fly by - never watching the clock. Always something interesting and challenging for me to do.

There is a true and genuine commitment to wellness; we have employer organized 5Ks, running and biking clubs as well as people who workout together before work, during lunch and after work.

Cons

I currently work here and gave this a 5-star rating based more on potential than current environment. Current environment is probably closer to a 4-star in some areas (people, work/life balance, commitment to wellness, potential for career growth) and even a 3 star perhaps in some areas. While not a majority, there are still too many people resistant to change - people fostering a cynical outlook who don't see challenge as opportunity.

Continue to champion efforts in innovation and new product development. People in Chaska are stoked about getting to work on these projects, it's really excited the teams here. Continue conducting the Town Halls and informal chat sessions with associates at all levels in the organization. They appreciate your candor and are excited to hear from you.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

Feels like the Titanic... big ship moving fast with no direction about to hit an iceberg

Current Employee - Strategic Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Strategic Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Before the Danaher take over, good pay, good benefits (starts with 3 weeks salary), loose work schedule.

Cons

Lack of direction, strategy keeps changing from year to year.

Seems like DHR took on a bigger bite than they can chew, sell us off or do something quick.

On the upside of a great turnaround

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There have been a lot of changes over the last few years and I finally feel like we're in a position to start doing well. The work is a lot more challenging than in the past - so it's great if you like challenges. It's starting to feel good to be here again.

Cons

The last several years have been difficult. We've got fewer resources than before and sometimes the Danaher corporate standard is a takeaway from what we had before. Managers especially seem to be a bit overwhelmed with some of the changes.

Love the new Diagnostics president!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter