There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Clinical Engineer

Current Employee - Clinical Engineer  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Clinical Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great manager, and good team

Cons

Working in the field can get boring

282 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

This company provides jobs and that is all, no opportunities or growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chaska, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Decent benefits
    Pay is really competative
    Company has the best of intentions for their product

Cons

The management treat employees poorly . There is no growth opportunities here but they like to pretend opportunities exist. They have made position levels that are meaningless and they think they have fooled employees. They do not promote. The people that should be let go aren't and don't face any accountability, very political environment (who you know not what you know). Company hires unqualified people, also hire a ton of contracts without intentions of hiring them fulltime. There is no challenge to working here, all they want is for you to follow SOPS and get the work done. They want robots and not thinkers. Instead of thinking about situations they react to situations, so processes get implimented without weighing out pros and cons. Change just for the sake of change.

Think through decisions before implimenting them and hire better canidates. Realize that expecting more work from employees is not the same as challenging employees.

Love Beckman people...dislike Danaher management style

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chaska, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Beckman people are great to work with. Even though we work in a toxic environment, (since Danaher acquisition), associates work hard to keep positive. you need to learn quickly, not to question decisions or assigned tasks.

Cons

They make a lot of promises when you are hired. They paint a wonderful picture of the company. But it is all about the money and more $$$ for the company shareholders...no concern for employees. BAD insurance. Pay raises this year did not even cover the cost increase on insurance employees pay. My raise this year was over 3 percent (averages was 2). My pay check is less then what I made last year. shortly after raises were announced, Danaher sent out email telling about all the money the made this year. Not cool.

SEE an HEAR you employees. Stop sending our jobs to India! Wake up. change the slogan back to "We make a difference ". And get rid of "putting shareholders first" and " the best team wins."

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Worked for Beckman Coulter? Contribute to the Community!