Beckman Coulter

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Staff Technical Operation Scientist

Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Brea, CA
Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment is very good

Cons

Not much room for progress

325 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

A good environment and an opportunity to be challenged

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Project Management in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst Project Management in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Since being acquired by Danaher Corporation, Beckman Coulter has enjoyed a more disciplined and predictable business structure that makes measurable deliverables more clear. This creates an environment where we understand the path to success and the focal points. We know we are contributing to important needs in the industries we serve and we know as a business that we are structured to meet those needs.

Cons

Disciplined measurement of effort produces great insight and helps secure success, but also is not easy. The culture at Beckman Coulter is very focused on the Danaher Business System and for those who are not accustomed to rigorous data-driven decision making might be put off by the intensity of focus. Winning (as a company) in this competitive environment isn't easy for anyone, but it is possible.

Keep on us to hone in our measurement skills and discipline. You are doing a good job of treating us like adults and pushing us to own and grow our portions of the business.

Only if You are Desperate!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has potential and plenty of room for improvement.

Cons

Upper Management and some Middle Management do not truly regard employees with respect they say things that may think they respect you but their actions never reflect what they say. Open honest two-way communication does not occur between Management and employees. If you have a problem with a co-worker or manager just keep it to yourself. Trust me on this one... just nod and smile, do your work and collect your pay. If you don't expect much beyond a paycheck and experience for your resume you won't be disappointed.

No, they already know how bad it is for the employees. They need to institute team building amongst and between all groups and make that a priority, not just talk about doing it. Hopefully they will try to change the culture but I wouldn't count on it.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter