There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Only if You are Desperate!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Danvers, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has potential and plenty of room for improvement.

Cons

Upper Management and some Middle Management do not truly regard employees with respect they say things that may think they respect you but their actions never reflect what they say. Open honest two-way communication does not occur between Management and employees. If you have a problem with a co-worker or manager just keep it to yourself. Trust me on this one... just nod and smile, do your work and collect your pay. If you don't expect much beyond a paycheck and experience for your resume you won't be disappointed.

No, they already know how bad it is for the employees. They need to institute team building amongst and between all groups and make that a priority, not just talk about doing it. Hopefully they will try to change the culture but I wouldn't count on it.

285 Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity at this company

Cons

Challenging at times but satisfying

Good work with new initiatives

Satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time

Pros

Good work environment. Fair amount of freedom makes for a comfortable work environment.
    Number of interesting projects to work on with new technical hurdles to overcome all the time.

Cons

Lack of vision from management, though this has been slowly improving recently.
    Too much focus on following methodologies without enough critical thinking.

Focus on more concise and constrained targets. We should focus on creating features in products that will help to satisfy the 80% of our customers instead of adding complexity through esoteric features that few will ever use.

Working towards small focused and well defined goals will help increase moral and focus and quality of work. Too often are we chasing the big goal which may be years away which leads to loss of drive and passion for achieving the goal over time.

Having entry level positions in the engineering department required to be hired on as hourly and forcing them to punch a clock is not going to help draw in new talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

Worked for Beckman Coulter? Contribute to the Community!