A good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Technical Operations Scientist  in  Chaska, MN
Former Employee - Senior Technical Operations Scientist in Chaska, MN

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Beckman Coulter at least at the Chaska, Minnesota site is an excellent place to start or continue a career. The company is very focused on staff development, demonstrating the knowledge that well motivated staff is mission critical.

Cons

There has been times of unfortunate "inbreeding" by longer term middle management at various sites, that was not properly identified and addressed by upper management. This did damaged product development and subsequent profitability. This type of situation can happen anywhere. The recent acquisition by Danaher is a very positive development.

Continue to monitor actual versus reported activities looking for reporting with too much polish. The overall company is well worth the extra effort.

Other Reviews for Beckman Coulter

Think twice before you join this company

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than a year

Pros

beckman coulter uses danaher business system which is all about metrics and numbers, so this could be a pro because you can use it as a skill in your future jobs. I cant think about any other great things about this company.

Cons

After I joined this company , I realized that I made the wrong choice after working there for a week, and I knew this place is not for me. They will make you work like a slave, because they are all about numbers. My department lost so many people when we could not meet the numbers. The Manager I worke with is very rude, arrogant, and only wants to hear her side. There is very lack of training, and how can you grow in a company that is all about layoffs if they dont meet their numbers.
    There is no work or life balance in this company, and since it is owned by danaher, it will be even worse in the next few years because danaher is all about the shardholders.
    Lucky for me , I just got an offer on the table from another company, so putting my 2 week notice soon.

Do not treat people like slaves, and have some respect. Well this is for the manager I work with.

A mixed bag

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The engineers and scientists are generally exceptionally smart. Challenging projects. Product lines that had the means to do good in the world, rather than just make money for the company.

Cons

Middle and upper management often clueless, and communication up and down the management chain may be...modified...to suit the audience. Pay and benefits not on par with the talent of the individuals doing the work: "target" for pay is 90% of "market average".

Get better at recognizing the people who do the work that pays your salary: the people who are developing the company's products.

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter.

Worked for Beckman Coulter? Contribute to the Community!